New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

hi im new

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 11:38 PM
Default hi im new

Hey I'm the proud new owner of a 1990 mazda mx-6 gt turbo 6 cyl speed demon/bat out of heck.
Ive owned an 89 nissan hardbody pickup, a 93 subaru legacy, and an 88 bmw 735il (reecently jumped it into a 57 ft drrp ravine and I didnt get a scratch).
So I just found the mx-6 of my dreams a few days ago test drove it and started paying for it that day. I want the car really bad but my subaru friend says they are a worthless hunk of metal. He says they are highly problematic. Can someone tell me why? And how? I love the car. The style, the engine and am about to pour about15k to build myself a drag ready car...
ie rebuild the engine (bored of course), replace the dual exhaust with a dc sport dual weld together some headers, get a lighter flywheel, put in a manual trans (crate), sandblast off the white paint (I think white is ugly) and do a blackout job, black out the taillights and side markers,hid kit, shave bumpers for now till I find a body kit I want to weld up a roll cage. add tien springs lowered 3.5 inches if I can figure out how, shave the doorhandles, shorten the hose lenght from intercooler (which I will drop 6.5 inches and replace with a new larger one), pick up one of turbonetics beauties, boost the boost to 35Psi, reconstruct the waterpump (I'm an engineer) upgrade the hoses, plugs, wires, balance my shafts, clean up the valves and seats, put in an alpine touchscreen, 2 12s, 4 mids, and 4 tweeters (probably all infinity because I'll be broke by this point).

Last edited by virgin1; 11-19-2013 at 08:41 AM.