New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

CX5 GT Front Seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 07:08 PM
Default CX5 GT Front Seats

Hi everyone,

This is my first post to this forum and I wish I did not have the need. We purchased a new Mazda CX5 GT with leather seats in September 2018 and have now completed some 15000 klm's. The problem is the front leather seats are extremely hard on the raised sections at the sides of each front seat. We thought this issue would go away after a little settling in however that has certainly not been the case and to the extent that we are unable to use this car on extended journeys.
Both my wife and I are retired however are not over weight or excessive in our size.
The matter was reported to the local Gold Coast dealers whom the only reply was we measured them in comparison to a new vehicle and they are a similar size, what an answer.
I would be interested in other owners experiences and if other dealers have been more supportive.

Old 10-12-2019, 02:58 PM

In my experience with both a 2018 and 2019 CX5 GT, the seat bolsters are a bit narrow and quite firm. My wife has found that the firmness and design of the driver's seat press on her tail bone and over time it is quite uncomfortable. The dealer said there's nothing they can do since it's the same in all the cars. In other words, it's not a problem peculiar to her vehicle. If they're too uncomfortable you might try a thin seat cushion to raise your a small amount which has helped my wife. You could also take you car to a shop that does customer automotive upholstery. The most drastic option is to sell your car and buy something different.
Good luck.

Old 10-12-2019, 05:20 PM

Same issue for me. Unfortunately this is the only complaint I have about our 2018 CX-5 GT. The seats are very hard and more importantly the hard side bolsterings are making the seat area too narrow. I am not a big guy and have a small tush and despite of that my thighs hurt a lot even after a very short trip. The CX-5 is my wife's car and luckily she does not complain about her daily commute, but if this were my daily driver I would be in trouble. I would also welcome any thoughts/feedback about making the seats more comfortable. And please, do not suggest to gain more weight and get a more softer tush by eating more donuts, already got that suggestion on a different forum