New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Cabin filter incorrectly installed by mazda dealership

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 08:05 PM
Default Cabin filter incorrectly installed by mazda dealership

I am not sure if I should post this question here, but I have a 2016 Mazda 6 that has always been serviced by my local Mazda dealership. I have been returning to them for oil changes because I have a prepaid package with them, and I have never had my car serviced anywhere else or even by myself yet for the past 3 years.

After closely reviewing my invoice from my previous oil change, I found that my service advisor had noted, "FOUND CABIN AIR FILTER DIRTY AND INSTALLED INCORRECTLY (UPSIDE DOWN) PREVENTING THE FILTER FROM SEALING WITH CABIN AIR BOX. CANNOT RETURN IT RIGHT SIDE UP AS ITS DUST CAKED."

Seeing that I have never changed the cabin filter myself nor have I had any other company change it, I am highly certain that my dealership had mistakenly installed it incorrectly in the first place. This leads me to several questions:

1. Why did my dealership not change the filter in the first place when they realized it was not installed correctly and was possibly causing damage to my system? (Probably a stupid question to ask, but my package covers for such a frequent replacement). I was not notified verbally of this either.

2. Could there be possible damage to the A/C system and vents from poorly filtered air from an improperly placed cabin filter?

3. Should I or am I able to file a claim or request my dealership or a third-party agency to inspect such systems?

Thanks for giving your time and listening. Zoom zoom!

Old 01-29-2020, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

No damaged caused. Does you prepaid package specifically cover/include pollen filters?

If it's dirty, just replace it. Super easy, super quick.

Old 01-30-2020, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
No damaged caused. Does you prepaid package specifically cover/include pollen filters?

If it's dirty, just replace it. Super easy, super quick.
Thanks! And yes it does.