New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

2016 CX-5 Grand Touring.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 09:52 PM
Default 2016 CX-5 Grand Touring.

Hi,
I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a 2016 CX-5. I posted a thread a couple of days ago with a bunch of questions I want to ask. However, it either got lost, or wasn't approved, since I'm new. I guess I'll try posting this again, but I won't re-type all the questions again until I can see that I'm able to post.

Old 11-19-2019, 10:02 PM

OK, it appears I can now post. I just purchased a 2016 CX-5 Grand Touring, and I have a few questions, that are hopefully simple for some of you. This vehicle has a branded title, so I'm not sure the dealer with help me much. (I went into the branded title situation knowingly.)

1) I've read that there's a 2016.5 mid-year model change. My car is probably not one of those, but how do I verify? I put the VIN in some VIN check web sites, and it merely said "2016". But how do I verify?

2) The folks that did the rebuild ordered a key fob from eBay, and had it programmed to the car. I need to get a spare key, but I want to make sure I get the correct fob. I see fobs that have a remote hatch release button. The one that was purchased for me does not have this button. But I'd like to get the correct fob. How do I verify whether or not this vehicle supports remote hatch release?

3) Does this vehicle have a navigation system? When I turn on the system, it reports that it has no navigation system. However, down in the console, there's an SD card already installed that says:
USA/CAN/MEX
BHP1 66 EZ1D
2566624 Rev 04
Maps by: Navteq
Made in the USA
To me that seems like it's related to a nav system. Maybe it's not functioning correctly? Why would there be an SD card already in it? There must be something I'm missing.

4) The USB ports on the console do not recognize (nor charge) my iPhone. I've read that those ports are under-powered, and aren't great at charging your phone. But that's not what I'm talking about. It doesn't charge the phone at all. Nor does the radio recognize the phone. (It will connect via Bluetooth, but not via the USB cable.) I checked fuses, and can't see a problem. How would I begin troubleshooting this issue?

Old 11-19-2019, 10:04 PM

I just posted a reply with all of my questions, but once again it said the moderator had to approve my post. Is there a limit to how much I can write? How can I get approval to ask the questions I want to ask?

Old 11-22-2019, 02:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Welcome on board! Congrats on your Mazda, post some pictures when you can. There is a ton of information about our platform with supporting vendors who can get you where you want to go. Be sure to reach out if there something we could do to help!