New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

2006 Mazdaspeed 6

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 10:20 PM
Default 2006 Mazdaspeed 6

Hello to All,
I was part of this community over a few years after I purchased my car in 2006 so it's good to be back with a new registration and username. My Mazdaspeed 6 still runs fine and is just right for me in terms of size the performance. However, seeing some recently developed issues, I hope to gather useful information from fellow Mazda owners for my next Mazda, if I cannot get the problems ironed out. For the past 4 weeks or so, the alarm would go off randomly, days and nights (drew neighbors' attention overnight). The only way I could stop the alarm was to disconnect battery or keep doors ajar at all time. I brought in the car but my local Mazda dealership but mechanics could not replicate or fix it for 2 weeks (a terrible repair experience overall, as they could not reset the car electronically either so windows are not controllable by driver). After returning home, car's alarm went off again so I had to keep door ajar again. I am hoping to find some experts' opinions or shared experience in this forum before I bring car to other service centers (i.e., more spending). If there is a more appropriate sub-forum for posting this type of question, please kindly let me know. Thank you.
Regards,
TC

Last edited by oldturbo6; 09-13-2022 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Add text
Old 10-04-2022, 01:23 PM

An update and hopefully it will be of useful for others --
I brought my car to another local shop experienced with other brands also known to have this issue (such as Honda), Their mechanics checked door and truck latches and replaced missed door screws ("thanks" to the dealership's service center), ran various diagnosis (all shown to be normal), but alarm still went off sporadically. The alarm fuse/box could not be disconnected or taken out because of its different design from regular Mazda models. As the last resort, we made sure the hood latch is good and decided to disconnect the hood sensor. The car alarm has not gone off in the past 4 days. Note that the alarm first went off at night during a few hottest days. This could be the cure but my fingers are crossed.

Old 10-07-2022, 10:01 AM

Welcome to the forum

Last edited by helendenizer; 10-07-2022 at 04:52 PM.