Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

window tinting.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Default RE: window tinting.....

ORIGINAL: Bdizzle

i man i had 50% tint it is worth less cuase i wanted to be legal in ohio but it sucked so i went 20% ON THE FRONT 2 windows 5% on the rear doors and 35% on the back window it came out nice then i hade the put a 6 inch 20% strip in the front wind sheild and it came out pimp if you waste your money on legal tint you will pissed off and out a lot of loot so get what you want ive had many window tint tickets there 75 a pop but the look of your ride is well worth it
lucky you.... starts at $110 bucks for a window tint violation ticket in PA.

Old 04-26-2006, 06:25 PM

that sucks...Id rather just save my money or go with the legal percentage...

Old 04-26-2006, 11:54 PM

well the legal percentages are 70% all around... thats like looking straight through a slightly hazed glass window... not even worth it... *sigh* [sm=rant.gif]

Old 04-27-2006, 12:15 AM

ha ha, still not worth 125 per ticket my man...at least in my book, but hey, thats why these forums are interesting because everyone has their own opinion.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:31 PM

anyone know if there is a certain percentage on that "mirror tinting" that you can have on window tint? I think that might be a way to get around not having a dark enough tint to stay legal.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:14 PM

35% to me isnt worth it...thats barely a tint, ive had it before and after awhile i felt like i wasted my money...im guna get 20% wrap around...PA cops dont pull anyone over anyway, people go flyin by at 85-90 on 78 and they could give 2 craps it seems - so i doubt theyre guna ticket you for tint. and by the way, 35% looks darker in pictures than it really is, so dont let the pictures sell you on it... id go to a tinting shop and see what it really looks like

Old 04-29-2006, 03:12 AM

Mirror tint is illegal anywhere if I recall correctly.

Old 04-29-2006, 05:03 AM

Hey whats up everybody, i have Lemo tint all around on my windows, 5% tint and it looks nice, it is still illegal here in Houston Texas but i will take my chances, Im actually very good friends with all the constables in my neighboorhood and they told me that only a few cops carry this laser they put on the window to see if its illegal, i really dont think cops would waste there time with that issue. I dont know how it is everywhere else but the only thing wrong with my car is that i cant pass state inspection cause my window are to dark but i will deal! Do yall have to have state inspections were yall stay at?

Old 05-09-2006, 02:31 PM

Just to throw in my 2 cents...

I currently have an srt-4 (I'll be buying a Mazda 3 or 6 shortly) with tinted windows and I live in Pittsburgh. I was pulled over 2 years ago for illegal tint. The PA tint laws are extremely vague on purpose. I fought it but eventually got the bone. They said I could pay the fine or remove the tint. I paid the fine. This was in Killbuck (around Sewickley area). I've had tint on my car for 3 years and obviously driven past many, many cops. 99% of them don't care and leave you alone. There is always the one jerk that is going to bust you for no good reason. When I get my Mazda I'm going to tint my windows. To me, it's worth the risk. I think the car looks a lot better with tinted windows.

I got my windows done at auto image on Banksville Rd. They did a good job for a very reasonable price. I'll be going back there.

Old 05-09-2006, 02:53 PM

ORIGINAL: *****

Just to throw in my 2 cents...

I currently have an srt-4 (I'll be buying a Mazda 3 or 6 shortly) with tinted windows and I live in Pittsburgh. I was pulled over 2 years ago for illegal tint. The PA tint laws are extremely vague on purpose. I fought it but eventually got the bone. They said I could pay the fine or remove the tint. I paid the fine. This was in Killbuck (around Sewickley area). I've had tint on my car for 3 years and obviously driven past many, many cops. 99% of them don't care and leave you alone. There is always the one jerk that is going to bust you for no good reason. When I get my Mazda I'm going to tint my windows. To me, it's worth the risk. I think the car looks a lot better with tinted windows.

I got my windows done at auto image on Banksville Rd. They did a good job for a very reasonable price. I'll be going back there.

welcome to the forum first of all... secondly, i drive around your area all the time up to Robert Morris University off University Blvd. i know exactly where you are at! what percentage of tint do you drive around with? I was thinking about 35% tint just to play it semi-safe

Quick Reply: window tinting.....