Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda6 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/)
-   -   window tinting..... (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/window-tinting-1185/)

the_gray_mazda6 09-22-2005 02:12 PM

window tinting.....

anyone know what the legal tinting percentage is for the area of PA? also, i'm thinking the pricing for all the windows is probably going to be around 200 i bet. Can anyone help me out here? thanks;)

lostbethus 09-22-2005 06:25 PM

RE: window tinting.....

I think its 20% max tint for all areas. Thats what it is here in Flordia. Even though people around here(including my friend) ride around in full limo tint a never get pulled over.

the_gray_mazda6 09-23-2005 01:39 AM

yeah, i was thinking around 20 to 30 percent was the legal limit. maybe i should consult a business who does window tinting.

babyhuey 09-23-2005 06:10 PM

Try this link. www.tintcenter.com/laws Happy tinting:D

the_gray_mazda6 09-24-2005 02:52 AM

thanks babyhuey.... that is a great help.:D

the_gray_mazda6 01-13-2006 02:38 PM

I have yet another question about window tinting..... This just came to mind when i was cleaning out my vehicle. I have yet to get window tint, but I have just realized that there may be a possibility that the tint can get ruined if placed on the rear window because of the rear defrosters. Now I am not sure about this, but that just popped into my head. Could this be true or am I just worrying? Will the rear defroster be affected if tinted over?:eek:

silverstreak6 01-13-2006 03:52 PM

The last car I had was a Mitsubishi Eclipse GT. I tinted the windows. They did a great job. They were somehow able to cut each peice individually and put it in between each defroster line. You could not even see any spaces at all. How they did it? I have no idea. But if you find a reputable custom tint shop in your area, they will be able to do the same. Also, NEVER clean your tinted windows with windex that has amonia in it. Get the windex that is amonia free. If you clean it with the regular windex you will end up with those blue/purple windows you see others driving around with! I will be tinting my 6 soon too! Good luck!

the_gray_mazda6 01-13-2006 04:20 PM

so the performance of the rear defroster was not hindered when they cut the lines out of the tint?

silverstreak6 01-13-2006 04:22 PM

No, it was not hindered at all. I traded my car in two weeks ago for the 6 and every morning I turned on the rear defrost and it worked like a charm. No bubbling at all!

the_gray_mazda6 01-13-2006 04:29 PM

oh good, that was my biggest worry. I mean, why spend money on tint if you don't know if it is gonna crap up on you or screw up your defrosting system.... thanks for helpful information. Window tinting, here I come! :D