Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Transmission jerks when "AT" light is ON.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Default Transmission jerks when "AT" light is ON.

Hi everyone, I have a 2004 2.3L Mazda 6i (auto-transmission) with roughly 72k miles on it. Recently, AT (auto-transaxle) light came on in my car & transmission gives strong jerks on reverse gear with the AT light on. Sometimes when car is cold, AT light goes away and transmission works fine. I took it dealership & they read P2676 (Air cleaner inlet control circuit fault due to fault solenoid valve) and P0745 (internal hydraulic failure of transmission) codes.
I do not want to jump right into costly transmission change as suggested by dealership. I will highly appreciate any insight into the problem and possible cures.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Default RE: Transmission jerks when "AT" light is ON.

I have the same problem with the same vehicle, except that mine jerks when going from 1st to 2nd gear. It doesn't always do it, and I haven't been able to figure out what causes it to happen one day and not the next (weather, time spent sitting, etc). I have not checked the reason for the engine light as it has always gone away after a day or so.

I don't have the money for a new transmission even if one was needed. Is there any other possible fix to this?

Old 11-05-2008, 05:47 PM

How is your fluid level? Do you have new or old trans fluid in it? You may want to start with just a flush and fill and see where you're at.

If it's jerking around, something isn't right internally. If it's out of warranty, I'd go to an independent repair shop if you can't pull the transmission yourself.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:57 PM

kooter: For how long you have this problem and how much you drive that car everyday? Just want to get an estimate when the transmission will completely break down on me.

sstlaure: Transmission fluid level is fine, though its been more than 40k miles since fluid has been flushed. I am going to flush the transmission and then going to change the solenoid's. I am hoping that fixes the problem.

Old 01-12-2021, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by mnisar
Hi everyone, I have a 2004 2.3L Mazda 6i (auto-transmission) with roughly 72k miles on it. Recently, AT (auto-transaxle) light came on in my car & transmission gives strong jerks on reverse gear with the AT light on. Sometimes when car is cold, AT light goes away and transmission works fine. I took it dealership & they read P2676 (Air cleaner inlet control circuit fault due to fault solenoid valve) and P0745 (internal hydraulic failure of transmission) codes.
I do not want to jump right into costly transmission change as suggested by dealership. I will highly appreciate any insight into the problem and possible cures.
Did you find the problem? i have the same issue and need help

Old 01-14-2021, 07:05 PM

kooter: For how long you have this problem and how much you drive that car everyday? Just want to get an estimate when the transmission will completely break down on me.

sstlaure: Transmission fluid level is fine, though its been more than 40k miles since fluid has been flushed. I am going to flush the transmission and then going to change the solenoid's. I am hoping that fixes the problem.
never ever flashed transmission i read on forums if the something wrong with transmission(mechanical problems wearout some parts)not the software. when transmission was fleshed all old particles gonna be removed from it and then transmission starts slip,so if you dont have money to fix it better dont flash.i had once problem with mine mazda 6 i 2007 90k miles 2.3 l transmision downshifted from 4 to 3 gear its show on dashboard cluster at least on my model so at light come on then engine light come up .so i stopped connected obd 2 scanner it showed error code cant find that picture,so i googled at it showed video gyus replaced sedd sensor and everything went away.i thought im gonna change sensor but the the problem gonna never came back after i watched video after the stop lol hope it helps.

Old 03-10-2021, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by retired racer
never ever flashed transmission i read on forums if the something wrong with transmission(mechanical problems wearout some parts)not the software. when transmission was fleshed all old particles gonna be removed from it and then transmission starts slip,so if you dont have money to fix it better dont flash.i had once problem with mine mazda 6 i 2007 90k miles 2.3 l transmision downshifted from 4 to 3 gear its show on dashboard cluster at least on my model so at light come on then engine light come up .so i stopped connected obd 2 scanner it showed error code cant find that picture,so i googled at it showed video gyus replaced sedd sensor and everything went away.i thought im gonna change sensor but the the problem gonna never came back after i watched video after the stop lol hope it helps.
Do you have the link of the video? Experiencing same problem. Hope that video can help me. thanks

Old 03-11-2021, 06:59 AM

i can give video to replace a sensor that's all i have

Old 04-15-2021, 10:27 AM
Default TCM information

Hello
Might be better to have your original part repaired at https://www.upfix.com

Here is the service link
https://www.upfix.com/product/tcm-ma...epair-tcm-tcu/

Here is video

Old 03-29-2022, 07:39 PM

I had this same problem. Turns out its a problem with the temperature sensor on the engine. replaced it and the AT light was gone, and the gears shifted smoothly.