Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda6 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/)
-   -   Transmission jerks when "AT" light is ON. (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/transmission-jerks-when-%22%22-light-16251/)

mnisar 10-23-2008 11:29 PM

Transmission jerks when "AT" light is ON.

Hi everyone, I have a 2004 2.3L Mazda 6i (auto-transmission) with roughly 72k miles on it. Recently, AT (auto-transaxle) light came on in my car & transmission gives strong jerks on reverse gear with the AT light on. Sometimes when car is cold, AT light goes away and transmission works fine. I took it dealership & they read P2676 (Air cleaner inlet control circuit fault due to fault solenoid valve) and P0745 (internal hydraulic failure of transmission) codes.
I do not want to jump right into costly transmission change as suggested by dealership. I will highly appreciate any insight into the problem and possible cures.

Kooter 11-05-2008 04:49 PM

RE: Transmission jerks when "AT" light is ON.

I have the same problem with the same vehicle, except that mine jerks when going from 1st to 2nd gear. It doesn't always do it, and I haven't been able to figure out what causes it to happen one day and not the next (weather, time spent sitting, etc). I have not checked the reason for the engine light as it has always gone away after a day or so.

I don't have the money for a new transmission even if one was needed. Is there any other possible fix to this?

sstlaure 11-05-2008 05:47 PM

How is your fluid level? Do you have new or old trans fluid in it? You may want to start with just a flush and fill and see where you're at.

If it's jerking around, something isn't right internally. If it's out of warranty, I'd go to an independent repair shop if you can't pull the transmission yourself.

mnisar 11-05-2008 10:57 PM

kooter: For how long you have this problem and how much you drive that car everyday? Just want to get an estimate when the transmission will completely break down on me.

sstlaure: Transmission fluid level is fine, though its been more than 40k miles since fluid has been flushed. I am going to flush the transmission and then going to change the solenoid's. I am hoping that fixes the problem.

pryzeex 01-12-2021 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by mnisar (Post 79455)
Hi everyone, I have a 2004 2.3L Mazda 6i (auto-transmission) with roughly 72k miles on it. Recently, AT (auto-transaxle) light came on in my car & transmission gives strong jerks on reverse gear with the AT light on. Sometimes when car is cold, AT light goes away and transmission works fine. I took it dealership & they read P2676 (Air cleaner inlet control circuit fault due to fault solenoid valve) and P0745 (internal hydraulic failure of transmission) codes.
I do not want to jump right into costly transmission change as suggested by dealership. I will highly appreciate any insight into the problem and possible cures.

Did you find the problem? i have the same issue and need help

retired racer 01-14-2021 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by mnisar (Post 80083)
kooter: For how long you have this problem and how much you drive that car everyday? Just want to get an estimate when the transmission will completely break down on me.

sstlaure: Transmission fluid level is fine, though its been more than 40k miles since fluid has been flushed. I am going to flush the transmission and then going to change the solenoid's. I am hoping that fixes the problem.

never ever flashed transmission i read on forums if the something wrong with transmission(mechanical problems wearout some parts)not the software. when transmission was fleshed all old particles gonna be removed from it and then transmission starts slip,so if you dont have money to fix it better dont flash.i had once problem with mine mazda 6 i 2007 90k miles 2.3 l transmision downshifted from 4 to 3 gear its show on dashboard cluster at least on my model so at light come on then engine light come up .so i stopped connected obd 2 scanner it showed error code cant find that picture,so i googled at it showed video gyus replaced sedd sensor and everything went away.i thought im gonna change sensor but the the problem gonna never came back after i watched video after the stop lol hope it helps.

Aj Yeser 03-10-2021 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by retired racer (Post 190791)
never ever flashed transmission i read on forums if the something wrong with transmission(mechanical problems wearout some parts)not the software. when transmission was fleshed all old particles gonna be removed from it and then transmission starts slip,so if you dont have money to fix it better dont flash.i had once problem with mine mazda 6 i 2007 90k miles 2.3 l transmision downshifted from 4 to 3 gear its show on dashboard cluster at least on my model so at light come on then engine light come up .so i stopped connected obd 2 scanner it showed error code cant find that picture,so i googled at it showed video gyus replaced sedd sensor and everything went away.i thought im gonna change sensor but the the problem gonna never came back after i watched video after the stop lol hope it helps.

Do you have the link of the video? Experiencing same problem. Hope that video can help me. thanks

retired racer 03-11-2021 06:59 AM

i can give video to replace a sensor that's all i have

Mike4393 04-15-2021 10:27 AM

TCM information

Hello
Might be better to have your original part repaired at https://www.upfix.com

Here is the service link
https://www.upfix.com/product/tcm-ma...epair-tcm-tcu/

Here is video

Nderitu 03-29-2022 07:39 PM

I had this same problem. Turns out its a problem with the temperature sensor on the engine. replaced it and the AT light was gone, and the gears shifted smoothly.