Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Thinking About Getting This Mazda 6. Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 10:38 PM

That's what happens when you drive a Mazda. Last year I drove a Mazda6 i (4cyl). I was really enamored by the sensory inputs this car provides. I also drove a Mercury Milan (4cyl). The Milan/Fusion use a stretched Mazda6 platform. The Milan was no where near the Mazda6's feel.

There is a Mazda6 wagon for sale by owner in Des Moines, IA. He asks too much though.

Good luck!

Old 03-24-2015, 06:12 PM

I hear ya. And thanks!

Old 03-28-2015, 05:36 PM

Well, what do you know? This one sold a day or two ago and I was planning on getting it inspected today, and if it checked out I would've bought it. I'm pretty frustrated, I gotta say. Apparently someone or something doesn't want me to get a Mazda 6 Wagon...haha.

I didn't feel great about the dealer, though. They seemed kinda sleazy and the guy I took a test drive with said something like "I bet this gets around 40 MPG", which is an utterly ridiculous statement to make. And when we were waiting inside the dealer one of the salesmen was at his desk talking on the phone using some pretty vulgar language. Not that it offends me, but it was very unprofessional. And they had some bad reviews as well, though most were positive. In the end that really didn't matter too much as I'm an educated consumer, but it still didn't give me a great feeling about the place.

Unfortunately, there are no Mazda 6 Wagons with the 5 speed anywhere near me for sale. I wish they weren't so rare. There's pretty much no other car out there that has all of its attributes. I guess I'll just play the waiting game and see what turns up.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:51 PM

" I wish they weren't so rare."

Those who have one know that. When they sell they set the asking price very high.
Use some used car sites and book mark your searches. You can also set up e-mail notifications.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BobWellington

Unfortunately, there are no Mazda 6 Wagons with the 5 speed anywhere near me for sale. I wish they weren't so rare. There's pretty much no other car out there that has all of its attributes. I guess I'll just play the waiting game and see what turns up.
Yeah I also got the automatic, wish i'd got the standard, but I do a lot of city driving. Auto tranny did give me issues, got it replaced, now put synthetic and an aftermarket external tranny cooler as well.