Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Surprises about Mazda6 2014

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Default Surprises about Mazda6 2014

I just bought one (Grand Touring) and I would like to hear about other peoples surprises (both pleasant and unpleasant).

One pleasant surprise I had was the Rear Cross Traffic Alert, which I did not know the car had (and did not even know what it was). It went into action as I was pulling out of my space at the dealership and a car whipped around a corner and passed behind me. It beeped and I stopped. This was important because my eyes were on the rearview camera view, a feature that I did want. When you have the camera, you tend to focus on that, rather than have your head up and looking back (possible for me, but not my wife). The Rear Cross Traffic Alert gives you more information about what is going on back there.

Anybody else?

Old 10-31-2013, 01:06 AM

I have to say I was a little unpleasantly surprised initially at the navigation. Leaving the dealership it didn't even have my street address. When I got home I researched and found out I could update my maps on the SD card through the computer. After doing that my address is now in on the map, but my house is almost 2 years old and I just got my car 2 weeks ago, so it was odd to me. I had a CX-9 for the past 2.5 years and never had to update any maps for the navigation.

I have been pleasantly surprised it is having adaptive front headlights, and numerous settings to chose from (door lock/unlock, etc). I have also been pleasantly surprised that my gas mileage is actually within what the numbers on the sticker said. I've been getting over 26MPG locally and like 30-34 on the interstate. Most cars I have had in the past got mileage less than the bottom number on the dealer's sticker.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:09 PM

Yeah, the adaptive front headlights were another thing I didn't know I had. I was driving around for about 2 weeks with AFS OFF on the dashboard. I turned it on and was surprised at how helpful it was. My wife is thrilled about the heated seats (which I did know we had). On long car rides she often used a heat pad for her back.