Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Speed governer

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Default RE: Speed governer

i tell ya, since i started doing track days, i've only been pulled over once for speeding. get most of it out of thesystem on the track, and 90% of the other time it's when ZERO cars are around. i haven't had a clean record since i was 15years old, and i've been clean for 18months now and can even do traffic school again (which is once every 18 months in cali)

off topic, but true

Old 02-20-2007, 12:30 AM

back ON topic.

u can get a chip somewhere that gets rid of the 120mph limit. but its pricey and ive seen mixed results.
two things
-where do u live that allows u to even hit 120? lol
-and if u REALLY wanna go that fast. find a HUGE downhill and blow past 120.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:50 AM

there IS NO CHIP.....i promise you all!! not for a new mazda.

Jetchip and Unichip have "claimed" it, but no one has shown any proof of the matter. including those that say the dealer can do it....there is no one in the US, outside of us with the Haltech that is bypassing the gov.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:56 AM

That was my understanding as well! I have asked everyone from Members of Team Allstars that work for Mazda North America full time,to pretty much every mod company out there and NOONE claims to be able to bypass the governor with a chip or any kind of tune. I have been searching for such a thing for a few years now for either Motor since I have one of each.
As I said though,I really don't need to go any faster than my car goes now,it would just be nice to be able to go to the track and see what it COULD do just once.
I used to Race Stock Cars for about 6 years so I have already had the thrill,but that was in Big Block Superstock Class and those cars weren't even street legal. I gave it up when I got married.
Now I am happy just getting TO the speed limit a little faster than I am into going way over it!....lol

Still like to check out your car though some time Mr Tea! There's a Mazda Event at the corporate headquarters in April,Are you going to be there? I might head out for that! I got the message this morning
"It is the time of year again for the Mazda Master Tech Competition and Car Show. I would like to thank you for your past support and also invite you out to show off your rides again! "

Old 02-20-2007, 02:16 AM

yeah, i got that message too! if i have my car i'll be there, try to go there every year for it (went the last 2). but it all depends on if i have my car.....it's a ghost right now, 4 months yesterday!

and let me just say, PLEASE don't be an idiot like me and video tape your speedo while you drive 140!! get a camera mount, or stuff it in between the seatrest (don't drive with someone else if you are going that fast). but i wanna see vids....bring em on! once i get my hood pins and the rear underpan done, i'm shooting for 155!

Old 02-20-2007, 02:20 AM

Yea,Suzanne runs it and she asked me to come out to Cali for the event although I wasn't sure how embarrassed I'd be showing my Car at that kind of event...lol

I'll never be able to video my Mazdas @ 140 anyway since I do have the limiters on both of them! I have a pic of my speedo at 110 going through Utah heading to SEMA though..lol
I had my Last Jetta up to 136 but it was a modded VR6 with all the Neuspeed mods as well as a supercharger....Sometimes I really miss that car!..lol

Old 02-20-2007, 02:25 AM

your car looks good, what's the problem? Jason's car won 2 years ago, and would have won last year if it was allowed to. i was there in a prototype bumper (still white) last year that i borrowed from a company....it's just fun...mellow.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:34 AM

Yea,I guess,but it's a long drive for me from Denver and I would have to figure out a place to stay for the weekend and although I am from Cali originally I haven't been back in years(from Manhattan Beach originally)so I don't even know my way around anymore.....lol My Dad lives in Huntington Beach and I've never even been there..lol
Thanks for the compliment on the car but I have had enough people on 6club telling me how far behind other emembers cars it is that it kinda got me doubting the hard work I have put into it. I won a half dozen trophies at shows here last summer but there weren't many other 6's around then so I was competing against Acuras,Hondas,etc mostly.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:05 PM

now that this is off topic, since there IS NO SOLUTION (had to say it again), i'll keep it going.

though there are some modified 6's out here, the 2 big contenders dropped out of things. Jason and his candy wagon, and Albert with his CF widebody turbo are both gone now....those are the only 2 show stoppers i've seen. there are 2 speeds down here that are pretty modified, 1 shop and 1 person....and my roommates 6 that he's putting the turbo on, but he's more track than show now. there is a guy with a 3, not sure if he's on here Shibby on most forums, who should take best mazda if there aren't any rx-7's around in my opinion....but no 6's stand out anymore...at all.

i could give 2 ****s about shows, i just go cause i like my car and talking to people.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:13 AM

I've seen those cars you're talking about! I am not really as much into the racing or the speed as much anymore since I've lost my license 5 times in my life already and have NO interest in doing it again since I drive for a living so my Car is for Show and for Car Audio SPL competitions,etc. I just wanted something nice to drive with an excellent SOUNDING system that ISN'T all about Bass because I enjoy the MUSIC and I guess I started doing shows just to see how other people thought I was doing. Nothing really more than that. Now I just like meeting other enthusiasts mostly and being around the lifestyle.

If I can get my finances together and figure a place to stay I will most likely try to be out there in April though and hope to meet some more of the people I haven't met already.

Quick Reply: Speed governer