Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

P0300 engine misfiring issue (2003 mazda 6 4cyl)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 03:28 PM
Exclamation P0300 engine misfiring issue (2003 mazda 6 4cyl)

My engine started misfiring a few days ago and I brought it to AutoZone to get the engine codes, and the misfiring code is P0300. I've replaces all spark plugs, spark plug wires and ignition coil.
Now I noticed once my engine cools down, it will stop until it gets hot again, then it starts misfiring. I'm starting to think it's an electrical issue since it's not a constant misfiring issue, as it goes away for a while and comes back. So I don't think it's mechanical, but I could be wrong.

Thoughts please? I can't keep driving it like this.

Old 03-25-2019, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

Try swapping sparkplugs between cylinders & see if the misfire moves with the spark plug. Also swap the fuel injectors around & see if the misfire moves with it.

Old 03-25-2019, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Try swapping sparkplugs between cylinders & see if the misfire moves with the spark plug. Also swap the fuel injectors around & see if the misfire moves with it.
I've actually already moved spark plugs around and the issue does not follow the spark plugs. I will try and move the injectors around to see if it follows.

I also forgot to mention, the end of the spark plug wire that connects to the ignition coil, for #1, was actually corroded. So I'm not sure what that means, so I just changed it all out.

Next step right now, is replacing the camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor and fuel injectors.

Old 04-25-2022, 09:39 AM
Default Misfiring issue with my 2001 Mazda tribute

Originally Posted by spencer.
I've actually already moved spark plugs around and the issue does not follow the spark plugs. I will try and move the injectors around to see if it follows.

I also forgot to mention, the end of the spark plug wire that connects to the ignition coil, for #1, was actually corroded. So I'm not sure what that means, so I just changed it all out.

Next step right now, is replacing the camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor and fuel injectors.
Hi I am experiencing exactly the same thing on my 2001 tribute. I did just about everything you did. The inly thing left to do is also to replace the crankshaft sensor and fuel injectors.
Any resolution after replacing the injectors and the crankshaft sensor? Thanks in advance for sharing any information regarding this issue.