Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

opinions / suggestions Mazda6

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 03:36 AM
Default opinions / suggestions Mazda6

My name is Catalin, I am from Bucharest, Romania, and I am writing you to complain about the car I have bought two years ago. The BDT Dealer Romania sold me a MAZDA 6 model car, for which I have paid 23.000 euro. At this moment I am a very disappointed MAZDA 6 owner because the car does not offer my and my family the protection I have looked for when I bought the car.
The problems with the car bought in October 2007 began on the first day it was delivered to my. I will try a chronological report of the problems encountered in these two years.

First is that the car was delivered to my with a scratch on the rear-absorbing rod (issue marked to the dealer two hours later because the car was parked in the garage next to the wall so that it was impossible for me to get at the rear of the car to see that scratch). I have told the sales manager (Nitulescu) and the dealer (George Sonu) about the scratch and the two of them assured me that the problem will be solved in a day, the sales manager having the amiability to put his car at my disposal. Unfortunately, this problem was not possible because the service did not agree on re-coloring the car in only one day. In the end, the rear absorbing rod was colored on my expense.

Another problem is that after about 7000 km, other problems signaled and partially remedied by the BDT service, become visible, only that the BDT dealer service manager made it clear for me that these problems will reappear. These problems were (and still are):
-the rear left shock absorber leeks, problem solved after approximately two weeks after my repeatedly announcement, the service trying to delay its repair (missing pieces, postponing planning, and many others);
-the mirror sensor console noisily squeaks;
-noisily squeak of the dashboard;
-steering problems.

At about 15.000 km, in the 2008 fall, I take the car back to the service unit, only that now I have changed the BDT service with the Arian Motors one, to remedy the first problems occurred (the rear left shock absorbing – I have been told that the first one was replaced, but it was not true; the problem with the mirror sensor console; the same squeak at the dashboard) and the vibration at the steering arm (which the BDT service did not fix).

This time the problems were solved temporarily as I have taken the car for several times at the Mazda Arian Motors service to try to repair the dashboard and the mirror sensor console and other problems caused by the ignorance of the mechanics (the correct way of placing and replacing the cars’ components). The problem with the squeak of the dashboard is solved but, because of the ignorance of the mechanics, other squeaks appear in the dashboard: the stereo squeaks, the central console is detached, the right sight of the center dashboard squeaks.

In the end, the problem with the dashboard was solved, but the one with the mirror sensor console still persists because the service cannot repair this problem caused – as the Arian Motors Service clerk desk said – by the temperature factors that operates against this element: heat and sun.

In February 2009 I receive a call from Mazda Arian Motors Service and I am asked to bring the car at the service unit for an upgrade at the soft for the Mazda 2.0 Diesel 143HP model with particle filter (the car had approximately 26.000 km).

In March 2009 I take the car at the Mazda Arian Motors Service to replace (on warranty) the wheelrim. Those alloy wheelrim had some “hillocks in the color” (the color pumped up from the interior to the outside without being perforated). I must say that these wheelrims had been removed from the car during the winter time. After two weeks, the wheelrims are replaced, the pay costs’ for balancing them again being beard by myself.

After a short period of time the squeak on the dashboard reappears and the car gets back at the service unit.

Between July, 28th and August, the 8th, the car returns in the service unit for maintenance. On August, 22nd, the car returns to the service for the head of the gear shift to be changed on warranty.

On August, 28th, at 28.500 km, the engine cease working while we were on moving on the highway (at kilometer 35), the car being mounted on a platform and brought to the Mazda Arian Motors Service. The dashboard signalized three problems: the stability control, the DPF and the accelerator, and the engine had a strange noise. On that day I have supplied the car with diesel oil and I have checked the oil-level indicator and it presented no signs of a worse functioning.

At this moment, the car is at Mazda Arian Motors Service for repair, and, after two weeks, I do not have access at the information regarding its technical problems, as the Mazda Romania Country Manager for Roumania-mr Cristian Rigu refuse to give me any answer and postpones solving the car’s problem, putting myself in the worst position ever ( a screwed vacation, lost money on reservations, internal and external travels programmed for the end of September). From the single discussion had with the Mazda Country Manager for Romania, mr. Rigu, he mentioned that he sent some files to Mazda Austria for repairing the car on ‘GOOD WIIL’ ( I have been told that this means the client is guilty, but Mazda will pay for the car). Since that phone call, I never heard of any of the Mazda officials, and the car is in the same phase I left it two weeks ago.
All these accusations can be confirmed with evidence from Mazda Arian Motors, as they have all the papers regarding the car (I do not have access at them, because Mazda do not make copies of the interventions on the car for the client).

Unfortunately, problems persist!
- Software for car / engine was again changed in February 2010, because not function properly.
- Muffler was replaced on warranty, in January 2010.
- Car is in service for another 3 times to fix problems caused by board.
- A new problem appeared in the steering column, consisting of beats felt in the steering wheel. this incident has been resolved by lubricating the steering column, but after about 3000 km, the problem reappeared.

honestly, personnel service units in Romania, is not specialized, recognized for her work and representative MAZDA Romania is incompetent to deal with these difficulties.

P.S.-Does anyone know how to contact the manufacturer in Japan?

Kind regards from ROMANIA

Last edited by tipitip; 03-26-2010 at 04:53 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:29 AM

Hmmmm...I'm gonna leave this up & see what happens.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:55 AM

Thank you very much MAZMART.

With apologies, back with some details. The car was repaired after a month, after several interventions by Mazda Romania, Consumer Protection in Romania, etc.. Unfortunately Mazda Romania has tried everything possible to find a fault in myself, for example, why are installing parking sensors, why I alarm, etc.., products installed on authorized service mazda

This is the original link on the forum in Romania

http://forum.clubmazda.ro/index.php?...2&st=0&start=0

Kind regards from ROMANIA

Last edited by tipitip; 03-26-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mazmart Trini
Hmmmm...I'm gonna leave this up & see what happens.
Hmmmm. I am with you there, Bud.
This is a wait/see.

After reading more thorough and closely, I think this is legit.

Tiptip,
I really don't know what to say to you as I, and I'm sure many here do not have any idea how these issues are handled in Romania. Your culture and politics are completely different from ours and I am not familiar with them enough to recommend a course of action for you.
If you are not happy and have gotten as we say here, (slang) a "lemon" (bad car) why not trade it in on something else that you may be happier with?

Last edited by virgin1; 03-26-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by virgin1
Hmmmm. I am with you there, Bud.
This is a wait/see.

After reading more thorough and closely, I think this is legit.

Tiptip,
I really don't know what to say to you as I, and I'm sure many here do not have any idea how these issues are handled in Romania. Your culture and politics are completely different from ours and I am not familiar with them enough to recommend a course of action for you.
If you are not happy and have gotten as we say here, (slang) a "lemon" (bad car) why not trade it in on something else that you may be happier with?

My thoughts exactly. It also sounds like she's got the dealer giving her the run around on top of having the lemon. All in all sounds like a messed up situation that unfortunately crops up every now and again due, if nothing else, to the law of averages. Hope you can get this all straightened out.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:59 PM

I don't post here much, but read the threads frequently and this one caught my attention. A lot of non-related problems, but my cousin in The Netherlands has the 2.0 TD and has had the same issues with the DPF. It will not regenerate itself, restricting the exhaust. The t/c becomes useless. She is in a battle with Mazda as well. I don't think her and the originator of this thread are the only ones with problems. Read this:

http://www.mazda6forums.co.uk/forum/...pic,435.0.html

I don't know where this car is assembled, but the interior of my '06 6i sounds like a hamster on a ungreased wheel. Squeaks everywhere.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:21 AM

I love Mazda cars, but this right here is why Mazda usually ranks very low in customer service. The dealerships tend to forget that it is the carbuyer that keeps them in business. I am lucky to deal with a very good Mazda dealership about 5min from my job. The guys are very knowledgeable & cust service ranks very high.

-Sheldon.