Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Need HELP with my 2003 Mazda 6i

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Default Need HELP with my 2003 Mazda 6i

Just recently bought my ’03 Mazda 6i with 87k mile’s on it for about a month or so. The engine light is on and for some reason when I stop at stop lights and stuff the car keeps skipping or jumping forward. Im thinking it’s probably a Fuel Pump issue or possible vacuum leak??? Checked the code and it gave a P2187…..

Recently this past week the car's died TWICE!...just died out of the blue and i will have to restart the car again.

Can anyone help give me suggestions..Im a new driver on Mazda vehicles so I don’t know much. Thanks!!!

Old 03-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

I ran the code which states: "Definition- System Too Lean at Idle Bank 1"
Now to figure out exactly what that means w/your particular vehicle...?
Personally I would look to the MAF sensor first. Make sure the connector is fully engaged and that there are no broken wires, or dirty contacts. Perhaps cleaning it (the sensor) would help? Or the O2 sensor.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by virgin1
I ran the code which states: "Definition- System Too Lean at Idle Bank 1"
Now to figure out exactly what that means w/your particular vehicle...?
Personally I would look to the MAF sensor first. Make sure the connector is fully engaged and that there are no broken wires, or dirty contacts. Perhaps cleaning it (the sensor) would help? Or the O2 sensor.
THANKS for the reply...so i just end up taking my car in to a friend to check and he said there is a crack somewhere. He had to take off the intake manifold, im hoping he finds out the problem and it won't cost me a fortune to fix!.