Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

New Owner of a Used M6

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 09:07 AM
Default New Owner of a Used M6

Hello guys.

Firstly, let me say what a fantastic and very informative website you have here. Great job with the community forums.

I found this site quite easily on google, while searching for help with my recent first time, mazda purchase.

Here are a few points :

- I really like its simple yet agressive lines/looks (it is the Grey colour Mazda)
- It was cheapish (picked up second hand for about $9,500)
- It is an Automatic 2005 Mazda 2.0 L, basic version...[:'(]
- It has 32,000 kms on the clock.

- It was an ex-rental, so it has probably been thrashed since the day it was first used...[&:]
- It has very little servicing.

- I have recently changed the oil and oil filter, skimmed the 4 disks and put 4 new Mazda brake pads.

PROBLEMS WITH THE CAR:

Here is what I need your expert opinions on:

- The tape Drive doesnt want to play any tapes. I put in a tape and after about 10 seconds, it chucks it back out...
- When the car is idling, if I switch the A/C on, there is a lot of Vibrations during the running of the compressor...

- When engaging Drive mode, the car has a lot of Vibrations in the cabin, in the low gears (the rear view mirror even vibrates..)
- When releasing the brake (in Drive), the car jerks a little, while moving forward, until I press the Gas pedal and then it just moves normally.
- When slowing down to stop, just before it stops (minimum brake pedal) it again becomes a little jerky, until I make the car stop (by fully depressing the brake pedal).
- When driving the car, the transmission Jerks from 1st to 2nd gear only, after which it is smooth.

Shall I sell it on or shall I keep it? What are your views please...

Thanks in advance

Old 10-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Default RE: New Owner of a Used M6

Well their are a few recalls for the 6. Mainly for that year since that was the 6 debut year. It is a fantastic car. It is very much underated.

Old 10-13-2006, 03:43 PM

Do you have that shifting problem mainly after the first couple of miles you drive? If you do, it is called shift shock. There is a TSB fix for this problem!

Old 10-14-2006, 01:42 AM

not that anyone would ever confuse the two but the M6 is also a bmw model
(yes i know this is a mazda forum)

Old 10-25-2006, 09:08 AM

Hey guys. Just a little Bump on this post.

Is there anyone here that can offer some help with the Problems of the car?

Another few questions:

- The mazda built in stereo, looks like it cant be changed, like it is part of the dashboard (2005 model).... Can I install a CD player into it?

- There are 2 cables and 2 cable ports underneath each seat. One port is yellow and one is white (square connector ports). On my seat, the white one is connected to something, but on the front passenger seat the cables are disconnected... Are these cables for the airbag? If so How do I check if my airbags are operational.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:29 PM

I believe you can add the cd to it. They all pretty much are the same, you would just have to get a cover or face for it. What ever it is called.. But you can. There is a TSB for the shifting from 1-2. You might want to check out this for any information on recalls, tsb's and such.
you can also check out here for anything other help.
I am sure you will love your 6, and wish you good luck with everything!

Old 10-25-2006, 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: M6Newb

Hey guys. Just a little Bump on this post.

Is there anyone here that can offer some help with the Problems of the car?

Another few questions:

- The mazda built in stereo, looks like it cant be changed, like it is part of the dashboard (2005 model).... Can I install a CD player into it?

- There are 2 cables and 2 cable ports underneath each seat. One port is yellow and one is white (square connector ports). On my seat, the white one is connected to something, but on the front passenger seat the cables are disconnected... Are these cables for the airbag? If so How do I check if my airbags are operational.

All restraints connections (seatbelts/airbags) are mandated to use yellow terminals. If your airbags weren't hooked up, you'd have a warning light on the dashboard that says "airbag" in red. (Restraints control module detects an open circuit and trips the fault code.)

Old 10-26-2006, 09:07 AM

Thankyou for all your help and input into the matter. It is really appreciated and I am finding this mazda forum very useful.

I dont mean to be an annoyance, but here is another question:

What does a 40,000 km service involve, what needs to be done and what parts must be changed. I feel that My engine needs a bit of TLC, how do I do a health check up on my engine (also known as an engine tune up?). I have changed the engine oil and oil filter so far....

Once I have this information, then I can find a reasonably priced service center (My car is not covered in Warranty, from Mazda, so I would like to service it privately).

Old 10-26-2006, 09:07 AM

Thankyou for all your help and input into the matter. It is really appreciated and I am finding this mazda forum very useful.

I dont mean to be an annoyance, but here is another question:

What does a 40,000 km service involve, what needs to be done and what parts must be changed. I feel that My engine needs a bit of TLC, how do I do a health check up on my engine (also known as an engine tune up?). I have changed the engine oil and oil filter so far....

Once I have this information, then I can find a reasonably priced service center (My car is not covered in Warranty, from Mazda, so I would like to service it privately).

Old 10-27-2006, 03:08 AM

Go to a Mazda dealer; they must have a few used 2005 in their lot with owner's manuals.
Give them a big smile and ask them to copy the few pages that talk about service intervals and what are to be checked/replaced. Tell them you need that because you want to know when to bring your car in for service. I hope you are a good liar.