Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

anyone know where to get wiring diagram?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 06:30 AM
Default anyone know where to get wiring diagram?

i bought my wife a Speed6 and recently purchaced the in dash gauge pod for her... my question is does anyone know where i can aquire a wiring diagram so i know where to hook up the shift light and the air/fuel ratio gauge? i'm also installing a boost gauge.

Old 10-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Default RE: anyone know where to get wiring diagram?

Go to mazda6tech.com you should find one there. BTW lucky wife! I am jealous... of the car that is... you can always try mazda6club.com for any other MS6 questions or concerns!

Old 10-24-2006, 02:46 PM

tried both sites, all i found was a how to on the boost gauge. i've done all three gauges on my evo and i was able to find a diagram of the ECU that said what every wire was.. hoping to find something similar for her 6s.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:43 PM

I will get back to you in a few on this..

Old 10-25-2006, 02:31 PM

Is it a 6s or a speed? There are tons of topics on it, but I need to know which it is...

Old 10-25-2006, 04:57 PM

it's a 2006 speed6. black mica paint with the white and black leather.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:44 AM

first, boost shouldn't be an issue right....that gauge is a no brainer

2nd, A/F....are you just planning on reading the stock narrowband, or hooking up a real sensor?

3rd, i don't think you are gonna be able to hook up a shift light (as of yet) without going with a ford "tach driver" to create the tach signal. the ecu/processor does things a bit differently on our CAN system, so there is no direct tach signal.

i do have a few schematics for the speed, but no allowed to post or link anything. after i get a bit more info, i'll see if i have what you need.

Old 10-26-2006, 02:28 PM

the boost gauge is no problem.. got that one figured out already.

the A/F is for future mods, and i was hoping that i could get a tach signal without using a tach driver.

what would you suggest for the 3rd gauge other than a shift light?

Old 10-26-2006, 02:39 PM

i like having a temp gauge. i don't play with my car unless temps are at a certain level, so i run water temp, oil temp, A/F, boost and a gauge for knock. but that's me. your options really are temp, or oil pressure really, unless you want to tap into something and put in an exhaust gas temp sensor.

but you won't get a shift light working without a tach driver for sure, unless you can hook up something like those G-Tech things that has a shift light and just plugs into your cig lighter?

Old 10-26-2006, 02:53 PM

so where would i cut into for the A/F gauge? and how hard is it to hook up a water temp?

Quick Reply: anyone know where to get wiring diagram?