Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

New Mazda6 - A Few Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 03:50 PM
Default New Mazda6 - A Few Questions

I just bough a new (2018) Mazda6 Signature. I love the car, but am still familiarizing myself with all the features. I have a few questions, if someone could help:

1) Window Tint - I normally have my windows tinted on a new car, but have noticed that some cars now come with the rear windows already tinted. Are any of the windows on the new Mazda6 tinted (excepting the windshield). It doesn't look that way, but the specs describe the glass as slightly "Light Tinted".

2) Music Art - In some cars I've owned with dashboard displays, the audio system displays music art (album covers, etc.) on SiriusXM and FM HD stations. In the Mazda6, I'm getting only text showing the song title, artist and show name on the display - no pictures. Am I missing a setup option?

3) Cargo Net - Are there supposed to be hooks in the trunk to fasten a cargo net? I was hoping to use a net I already have, but there seem to be no fastening points.

4) Missing Tool - Under the trunk floor, there are styrofoam blocks to the left and right of the spare tire. The one on the left has a slot for some kind of large tool (jack handle?), but in my car it's empty. What am I missing?

That's all I have so far. Thanks for any assistance.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:23 PM

1- Windows have a tint but nothing like tint you would have installed. Check your State laws for the legal tint %
2- Until they update your car with Carplay-Android you will not get the auto art because of gracenote and then it will only work with usb, not Bluetooth.
3- No hooks. Not sure why but they're not there. I'm not sure if they can be added. You'll need to check with the dealer/
4- That is for a tow hook-tie down. It is an optional part you would need to purchase separately if you want it.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:10 PM

Thanks! Very helpful.