Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

New 2005 Mazda 6i owner with uneven movement

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Question New 2005 Mazda 6i owner with uneven movement

Purchased from private party only 2-1/2 weeks ago, primarily because of low miles for an '05 (only 27K), relatively good condition, and a seemingly good price-- $8800. Both Carfax and Autocheck show no indication of odometer rollback (although their reports not foolproof).

Anyway, I'm somewhat pleased with the vehicle (good balance of agile handling and compliant ride), but I have an annoying problem that prevents me from really enjoying the vehicle.

I have a wavering speed sensation when both accelerating and maintaining a constant throttle at crusing speed (between 30-60 mph). Also, with the A/T in Drive at approx. walking speed and no foot on accelerator pedal nor brake pedal, the car SOMETIMES (at least half the time) has a jerky motion related to fluctuating engine RPM's. Overall the accelator is VERY TOUCHY! Others have suggested problems related to wheel balance, warped rotors, bad engine mounts, but again the problems are related to fluctuating RPM's.

I've found reference to several Mazda 6 TSB's that might address my problem related to a rough or uneven idle, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have the actual TSB's that might apply and could you please post them (or any other advice to help me solve my problem).

If I could take the applicable TSB(s) [which one(s)?] to Mazda dealer service, even though the car is out of warranty, they might give me a break on the price for the remedy outlined in the TSB, or at least minimize the chance of a mis-diagnosis.

Thanks,
Mazda 6 newbie