Mazda6 Diesel running rough on 1500-2300 rpm's - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:51 PM

Default Mazda6 Diesel running rough on 1500-2300 rpm's

Hi folks!
My first post here. I have a weird issue with my -07 Mazda 6 diesel, and maybe someone here has had this problem before.

The problem is rough running between approx. 1500-2300 rpm when the engine is warm. When I start the engine cold, it takes 1-4 minutes after temp indicator has reached normal temp then the engine starts stuttering. If I press the accelerator the stuttering stops and the engine runs normal again (while accelerating).
It runs smoothly on idle, and on all rpms if standing still with no gear in position.
It only runs rough on low to intermediate power and constant speed. (So a workaround is to constantly change speed, but that's no long-term solution...;-) )

Driving on the highway today I noticed the fuel consumption increased to 0.8-0.9 l/10km for approx 10 minutes, and then the engine was running smoothly. Then it went down to "normal" 0.5-0.6 and the roughness was back. I suspect it could be the cleaning process of the DPF causing increased fuel consumption?

The car was serviced by Mazda recently.
The DPF light is not on.
I have had the car checked for any present or stored fault-codes, but there are none.
I have cleaned the MAF, no change.

Thoughts anyone? A clogged DPF? Why isn't the problem there with a cold engine? What changes when the engine reaches normal temp?

Best regards,
Markus