Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Mazda 6 a poorly manufactured car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 09:52 AM
Default RE: Mazda 6 a poorly manufactured car?

Well. It does it when driving normally. I will be crusing along at any speed, and it will veer to the right. It is much worse when accelerating somewhat hard and braking.

Old 10-13-2005, 03:34 AM

ok, i have more **** about my car again....

the radio screen doesn't work properly. the number turns out weird... that's 1

2nd, my heater doesn't work anymore. 15000 miles in 2 years.... omfg[:@]

Old 10-13-2005, 03:37 AM

ORIGINAL: mazda guy

Well. It does it when driving normally. I will be crusing along at any speed, and it will veer to the right. It is much worse when accelerating somewhat hard and braking.

if you brake and the car pulls then you need to check your brake up.

if you drive and the car pulls then it might be the road, or alignment. try hold your steering wheel straigh and see if the car pulls or not.

if you accelerate and he car pulls then you might have to check your engine mount.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:49 AM

It pulls to the right all the time. When I accelerate or brake somewhat hard it just makes it worse. But I could be cruising at 65 on the expressway with the steering wheel straight and then let go Lets just say it will be in the wall in under 10 seconds. Its pretty annoying.

Old 10-15-2005, 04:28 AM

if your alignment is ok then...

then only thing i can think of right now is the tires. your tires my have radial pulls. i have seen customer's car with alignment done and everything... even with new tires... the car will pull. you cross rotate the car will start to pull the other way.

try cross rotate first... and later rotate front and back.

let me know how it feel after that.

Old 01-17-2006, 07:00 PM

I have seen about 10 cars this week with the same problem.im trying to get a answer as to why but right now nothing.what i have been doing is a cross rotation for now and it helps but there is a caster/camber issue, there is not enuff adjustment to bring back into line.if i get a answer i will be sure to post a reply.

Old 01-18-2006, 05:12 PM

My car does the pulling too. I have the 04 6i. It's not terrible...but it pulls, while driving on a straight road...already had the tires rotated...it didn't correct the issue. I got an alignment done during my 15k service...I'm coming up on my 30k service soon...so I will have an alignment done again at that time.

Old 01-22-2006, 05:13 PM

I also have had problems with my 6 pulling. At first the dealership could not figure out what was wrong, the second time around they adjusted the alignment on my front end and my steering wheel. I brought it in a thrid time and they say everything is ok. I can still feel a slight pull most of the time but it is more pronounced on certain roads. The dealership did mention that the way that the suspension is set will cause the car to pull right or left depending on slope of the road and how high the angle degree is.

Also, while looking at the car from the front it appears that the top of the wheels are tilted in (negative camber). And when I brake hard I feel the car want to pull to the right more often than not. Overall the problem is better than when I first got the car but it is noticable enough.