Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

mazda 6 automatic gearbox oil change education/reset re learning procedure ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Default mazda 6 automatic gearbox oil change education/reset re learning procedure ?

Good morning everybody, my car is 100000miles i plan to change automatic gearbox oil + filter, can i use aftermarket filter and original oil? Is it ok to use transmission gasket and filter from mahle or other brand from factory car came with glue.silicone.sealant? Is it really needed gearbox to be reset learned procedure after oil change how this can be made, with forscan and how or something else? Thank you.

Old 02-05-2024, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by elfer
Good morning everybody, my car is 100000miles i plan to change automatic gearbox oil + filter, can i use aftermarket filter and original oil? YES Is it ok to use transmission gasket and filter from mahle YES or other brand from factory car came with glue.silicone.sealant?NO Is it really needed gearbox to be reset learned procedure NO after oil change how this can be made, with forscan and how or something else? Thank you.
See bold color responses in your quote.
Use any ATF that is compatible with your year Mazda. See Castrol
And filter will work just fine
I highly recommend to use a gasket only and no sealer.

The relearn is not necessary and really would only need be done with other transmission services not a simple oil and filter change.

Old 02-05-2024, 11:42 AM

Hello, i have spoke with several repair shops they told me to use sealant only ? no gasket?
otherwise it will leak also on youtube i have found video where they use sealent only no gasket?
i am very confused
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT2x...ature=youtu.be

how to make relearn are you familiar with that?

Old 02-05-2024, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by elfer
Hello, i have spoke with several repair shops they told me to use sealant only ? no gasket?

i am very confused
If you already have advise then why did you come here and ask and then don't care for the answer because it does not meet your other information portals?
Ok well I am not them! and I don't use sealer on oil pans general transmission of engine gaskets ONLY because it is not user friendly and often necessitates more frequently than not a redoing because of leaks.
If you look around this forum you will find I have posted this information countless of times for members that are DIY and they all had success taking my advice. There is also a couple dozen pictures of this service I personally have done at least 4 times on my Mazda 3 at only 53k miles.

BTW These are not my initials in my name

ASE

Old 02-05-2024, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
If you already have advise then why did you come here and ask and then don't care for the answer because it does not meet your other information portals?
Ok well I am not them! and I don't use sealer on oil pans general transmission of engine gaskets ONLY because it is not user friendly and often necessitates more frequently than not a redoing because of leaks.
If you look around this forum you will find I have posted this information countless of times for members that are DIY and they all had success taking my advice. There is also a couple dozen pictures of this service I personally have done at least 4 times on my Mazda 3 at only 53k miles.

BTW These are not my initials in my name

ASE
I already have original mazda oil genuine and good quality german filter, but it comes with gasket, so i was thinking skipping sealant,
is it a must to change nuts and washers as well or only oil filter and gasket will be ok? i will use your advice i just need double confirmation i also in the past used gaskets but my cars was different and gaskets comes from factory its strange why mazda is using glue instead of proper rubber gasket? My mazda is 6
have you done mazda 6 are they sharing same gearbox 3 and 6?

i currently have issues with my gearbox , will changing oil and filter and adaption fix the issue, also how i can do that with forscan?

Last edited by elfer; 02-05-2024 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-06-2024, 10:00 AM

You can find a few transmission and filter service on my thread that I show exactly how to do it.
Post #297- 301 is a better posting showing the gasket only application
Mazda3 Things I like to do - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums
(please don't ask questions on that thread it is not a technical advise thread)

No you do not need new hardware.

Mazda like many auto manufactures over decades use sealer only as a cost savings over gasket's . Also the transmission is often not a routine service area and Mazda claims lifetime no service on some of their models. Which IMHO ridicules!

Old 02-06-2024, 11:44 AM

Ok, can you tell me how i can adapt the gearbox since mine have issues?

Old Yesterday, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
You can find a few transmission and filter service on my thread that I show exactly how to do it.
Post #297- 301 is a better posting showing the gasket only application
Mazda3 Things I like to do - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums
(please don't ask questions on that thread it is not a technical advise thread)

No you do not need new hardware. <!--td {border: 1px solid #cccccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->I recently came across an online platform offering bespoke article writing services, and it has been an absolute game changer for me. Having ordered https://www.masterpapers.com/ a variety of written pieces, I am continually impressed by the exceptional quality of their work. The writers are true experts who deliver content that is not only well-written but also rich in content and perfectly tailored to my needs. Their dedication to ensuring customer satisfaction and delivering top-notch work makes them highly recommendable for anyone looking for reliable and skilled writers.

Mazda like many auto manufactures over decades use sealer only as a cost savings over gasket's . Also the transmission is often not a routine service area and Mazda claims lifetime no service on some of their models. Which IMHO ridicules!
Thanks for info