Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Time to change gearbox oil mazda 3 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 06:38 AM
Default Time to change gearbox oil mazda 3 2.0

hi
When is the Mazda-Gearbox factory oil change time after a few thousand kilometers? It is 7000 kilometers, two years after the oil was poured into the gearbox. (ATF M-V) AT
hi

In the Mazda manual you have to replace the gearbox oil after 160000 km or 96months.

Since the machine has been operating for 7000 kilometers and has been running for 2 years, it needs to be replaced.

Mazda's authorized dealers in Iran change gearbox oil to 40,000 kilometers or after 2 years, whichever comes first, 40,000 or 2 years.

Is my driving normal and slow or does the oil break down after 2years if the oil color has not changed much?

Last edited by mehdi727; 02-28-2020 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by mehdi727
hi
When is the Mazda-Gearbox factory oil change time after a few thousand kilometers? It is 7000 kilometers, two years after the oil was poured into the gearbox. (ATF M-V)
hi

In the Mazda manual you have to replace the gearbox oil after 160000 km or 96months.

Since the machine has been operating for 7000 kilometers and has been running for 2 years, it needs to be replaced.

Mazda's authorized dealers in Iran change gearbox oil to 40,000 kilometers or after 2 years, whichever comes first, 40,000 or 2 years.

Is my driving normal and slow or does the oil break down after 2years if the oil color has not changed much?
The 2-year recommendation sounds pretty short; what does your Owner's Manual say on the subject?

One other comment; you've used the term "gearbox", which typically implies a manual transmission, however, you also said the oil in your transmission is ATF M-V, which is for automatic transmissions. Which do you have?

Old 02-28-2020, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by shipo
The 2-year recommendation sounds pretty short; what does your Owner's Manual say on the subject?

One other comment; you've used the term "gearbox", which typically implies a manual transmission, however, you also said the oil in your transmission is ATF M-V, which is for automatic transmissions. Which do you have?
Gearbox is automatic ATF M-V and the car has driven 7000km in two years.
In the recommended manual, check (Inspect: Inspect and clean, repair, adjust, fill up, or replace if necessary.) every 6 months or 20 kilometers of oil and repeat for 96 month or 160000 kilometers, but does not need to be replaced like engine oil.This is the standard Mazda method in Iran.
but Mazda's authorized dealers in Iran change gearbox oil to 40,000 kilometers or after 2 years, whichever comes first, 40,000 or 2 years
What should I do now؟

Old 02-28-2020, 09:25 AM

Hmmm, that still sounds really aggressive; maybe @grim_reaper can chime in here.

Old 02-28-2020, 11:04 AM

The term "GEAR-BOX is often used by Gear-heads, Hot Rodders, Truckers, and in some countries could refer to either automatic transmissions or manual trans mission. Kinda like the English calling hoods "bonnet" or spark plugs "sparking plugs". And what's with that Whitworth measuring system and fastener? LOL

Mazda has a different schedule (modified) for vehicles that are in *extreme operating area's of the world or condition. Sooner on fluid service is always better !
The only real way to determine the condition of any fluids that are in a vehicle is to have a sample analysis done . After all the schedules are recommend service intervals which need to be adjust by how and where a vehicle is operated in.

The OP has said hey lives in *IRAN

Old 02-28-2020, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
The term "GEAR-BOX is often used by Gear-heads, Hot Rodders, Truckers, and in some countries could refer to either automatic transmissions or manual trans mission. Kinda like the English calling hoods "bonnet" or spark plugs "sparking plugs". And what's with that Whitworth measuring system and fastener? LOL

Mazda has a different schedule (modified) for vehicles that are in *extreme operating area's of the world or condition. Sooner on fluid service is always better !
The only real way to determine the condition of any fluids that are in a vehicle is to have a sample analysis done . After all the schedules are recommend service intervals which need to be adjust by how and where a vehicle is operated in.

The OP has said hey lives in *IRAN
I mean Automatic transaxle and In Iran, it is generally called Gearbox(FS5A-EL or cvt or Manual gearbox )

Old 02-28-2020, 12:40 PM
Thumbs up We are on the same reference of information

Originally Posted by mehdi727
I mean Automatic transaxle and In Iran, it is generally called Gearbox(FS5A-EL or cvt or Manual gearbox )
Hey bro., I KNEW EXACTLY what you meant. I talk to people all over the world almost daily having to do with cars and often run into a few that do not know what they think they know about global terminology having to do with vehicles ! The collected automotive glossary of words and meanings have been added to about every decade starting in about the 1950"s. I still find people even NOW that when I say " I have a BLOWN engine" think it relates always to its condition as bad! LOL

I also think IMHO that you are a bit more experienced than what you and how you post things on this forum...

Old 02-28-2020, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Hey bro., I KNEW EXACTLY what you meant. I talk to people all over the world almost daily having to do with cars and often run into a few that do not know what they think they know about global terminology having to do with vehicles ! The collected automotive glossary of words and meanings have been added to about every decade starting in about the 1950"s. I still find people even NOW that when I say " I have a BLOWN engine" think it relates always to its condition as bad! LOL

I also think IMHO that you are a bit more experienced than what you and how you post things on this forum...
Dear friend, thank you for taking the time

Old 02-28-2020, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

In my market there is no set replacement schedule for automatic transmission fluid. Its basically inspect every service. High ambient temperatures are not kind on ATF. Years ago when I worked for Honda, ATF was scheduled every 40,000kms. Times have changed and fluids have improved. Most manufacturers now state the transmission s are sealed for life, I don't agree. For personal peace of mind, 40,000km intervals sounds good .

Old 02-28-2020, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
In my market there is no set replacement schedule for automatic transmission fluid. Its basically inspect every service. High ambient temperatures are not kind on ATF. Years ago when I worked for Honda, ATF was scheduled every 40,000kms. Times have changed and fluids have improved. Most manufacturers now state the transmission s are sealed for life, I don't agree. For personal peace of mind, 40,000km intervals sounds good .
Thanks man, so, what do you think about the idea of changing 2-year old ATF after only 7,000 kilometers of driving?

Quick Reply: Time to change gearbox oil mazda 3 2.0