Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

M6 2009 manual stuck in gear in parking lot

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 01:39 AM
Default M6 2009 manual stuck in gear in parking lot

Hi everyone. My M6 threw another Mazda Maze run at me. Parked in the lot. Saw I was 12 inches off the kerb and decided to inch forwards a bit. Engaged first gear to creep forwards but clutch gave me something else, sometimes wrong gear, sometimes no gear. No iffy sounds or burning smells. The transmission is simply stuck in forward gear but clutch pedal works fine. Finally I had to switch off the engine. With engine off the gear shift works fine. I can start up the car with clutch pedal down to the floor as usual. When gently lifting foot off clutch I can get the car to rock slightly with handbrake off and would guess it's currently stuck in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th, but not in 1st gear. When I shift to reverse I notice the car won't rock in the same whenever I slightly raise my foot off the clutch pedal. The rocking is easier to do when I put the stick into neutral. I figure I'm going to have to jack up the front and put on dolly wheels so I can push the car back and get it winched onto a tow truck. Don't want to drag it in gear. Car is well maintained and has 410,000 km on the clock. Clutch was replaced a few years back by Mazda agency. Am wondering if this is a simple worn clutch cable issue or if shift shaft bushings are out of position. I had asked a Mazda dealership about problems engaging first gear at stop signs and in urban traffic a week ago They said the clutch release cylinder BTAB-41-920D and clutch master cylinder GS1D-41-990 and Plate Disc No. RG G33Y-33-25XA need replacing . They also said the Shaft Drive @ KV GDZ5-25-60XC needs replacing. A few days later: Kerpow, the current problem. Any thoughts on whether the agency is right on its call? I ask because they've done iffy work in the city where I enquired so I drove to a different city where the dealership is better for a 2nd opinion but now the car is stuck in a parking lot before I could get there. Would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Old 10-17-2020, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

With the engine running, If you select reverse and lift off the clutch does the car move?

Old 10-17-2020, 04:09 AM

Hi. No, if I raise my foot gently off the clutch after shifting the stick into reverse gear the car doesn't seem to move, but I haven't dared to raise my foot very far off the floor. If I shift the stick to any forward gear position or into neutral the car rocks gently forwards when I raise my foot gently off the clutch pedal..