Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Jerky trans

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 03:46 AM
Default RE: Jerky trans

did you have the dealership record that problem? keep informing them of the problem and having them write down the occurrences.

and if they try to pull that one again, you have to get a little bit in their faces. alot of places don't like doing more work than they have to.

also, is this occurring on a cold engine as well as when engine is fully heated to regular operating temps?

Old 03-24-2006, 05:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Italiano100

dealer said it was just cold trans fluid... eh i think they are trying to get out of work if u ask me

You're in Florida...they're jackasses. Tell them there was a recall on the PCM and TCM and you want it fixed, pronto.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:18 PM
Old 07-10-2006, 05:29 PM

Hi guys and gals
Im new, just got a 2004 Mazda 6S with the F1auto or whatever it is called.
I am having all sorts of tranny problems...In manual mode the 1-2 shift is very slow and in full auto mode under hard acceleration it feels like I hit a brick wall when it tries to go into 2nd. It makes a terrible noise and jerks badly.
I already had the cooling fan mod done but I am already worried that this is one of those cars that is going to be in the shop every day!
I love the car though besides that and the hard seats.

Old 07-11-2006, 10:03 PM

Ok, It's funny that this thread was posted cause this problem happened to me yesterday. The only difference is that i know why this might have happened to me. I also use the triponic daily and go back and forth with auto.... I was at a red light and at the time i was distracted and had the music really loud so i couldn't hear my engine. When it went green, i went thinking the car was on auto but it was on 1st gear (trip) and by the time i realized it... it was redlining for about 3sec. Once i put it back on track the car jerked. Now i'm having this problem where the car jerks only between 1st and 2nd gear. Sound Familiar??? I'm taking it to the dealer so they could fix this problem asap. Just a question, i know it's short for something but what does PCM and TCM stand for? GRAY, you mentioned something about that being reflashed??

Old 07-11-2006, 11:29 PM

yeah, dealership reflashed my ride for me and now it was solved.... i smoothed out my ride alot more when i opened up my grille with a meshed one. allowed for more airflow to my car. i also added a cold air intake so my ride is smooth as can be! oh, and the dealer put a sticker that showed that my car was reflashed in my engine bay, but i quickly took it out as i thought it looked tacky!

Old 07-16-2006, 12:45 PM

I had the PCM recall thing done to my tranny and while it is definitely better, there is still room for improvement.
In full auto mode the shift from 1-2 is much quicker but in manual mode it still takes an eternity (more than 1000 rpms) to make the switch.
If the tranny in these cars were better, the car would be much quicker.

Old 07-16-2006, 11:46 PM

sounds like you need a Jatco Stage III shift kit!!!

Old 07-17-2006, 10:57 PM

Well, since were on the subject of transmissions, I have an 05 with an auto. Anyone else have a problem when they are going down a hill and tap on the brakes, the transmission automatically drops down to 4th gear? It will actually stay in that gear for a while.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:19 AM

ORIGINAL: edup

Well, since were on the subject of transmissions, I have an 05 with an auto. Anyone else have a problem when they are going down a hill and tap on the brakes, the transmission automatically drops down to 4th gear? It will actually stay in that gear for a while.
yeah, still have that problem too.... but i typically drive in tiptronic mode to avoid the problem and save a little gas usage.

Quick Reply: Jerky trans