Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Help Needed...No power, Black smoke, Won't start

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 01:50 PM
Default Help Needed...No power, Black smoke, Won't start

Hi,

New around here...i apologise my first post is just about help but I'm stuck and I'd really appriciate it if anyone has any ideas i'd be very greatful.

My car started this morning with a few problems, I could here a whiney noise which lasted about 30 seconds and that also came with a huge loss of power which i could barely get 40mph and black smoke behind me.

After struggling to get work, it died just as i pulled up and now it wont start at all

After reading forums and trying what i can in the way of suggestions, I can see people offring the following help:

Servicing - Mine had a oil + filter change about 3 months ago

ERG valve - Mine was really dirty but cleaned it this morning with break cleaner and a toothbrush, came up really well so hoping thats ok now

Turbo pipes - I have looked at what i can but all pipes seem to be ok, can't see no slipts anywhere

MAF sensor - Took it off, looked fine but did spary a bit of electrical clearner on it just to be sure

Dash lights - No lights on the dash

Can anyone help with what i should do next to get this going, before this happened it ran like dream, no problems

Last edited by oobjwoo; 01-31-2018 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

I'm guessing you have a diesel? Year? Km's? Code check? Fluid check?

Old 02-01-2018, 04:37 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I apologise I filled out the form when I registered and assumed that info would appear in my sig...

But yes, it's a diesel...Mazda 6 estate, 2 Litre TS2, 140,000 miles, fluids are good...water in the radiator was a little low but topped that up yesterday

I left the car at work last night, and today I brought in my Multi ECU scan cable (modified ELM), this plugs into a laptop so at present I'm just trying to find the right software to use it with, I also have a Bluetooth one (Vgate Scan), these were only cheap ones but am hoping they will help...I will post back if I find anything

For now, does any of this extra info help ?

Old 02-01-2018, 06:47 AM

Just an update, I can't find any software to download to work with the cable directly...the Bluetooth Vagte - wont talk to the ECU or at least I think that's what's happening.

Old 02-02-2018, 02:03 PM

I have a further update that will hopefully shed some light on the issue...

The car will start with easy start but won't stay running, I can also say the diesel pump is ok, both going in and the return are flowing fine.

Does any think this could be down to the injectors and their seals...the car isn't exactly worth a lot so i won't be taking to a garage...it would be just to much money. I am however happy to have a bash at it myself as if it is this I don' fell I have much to loose if it all went wrong...any thoughts are welcome