Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Default fog lights

I just bought a 07 touring 2.3 but it didn't come with fog lights.. Can someone point me in the direction of oem lights or aftermarket direct fit lights? I have read about the wiring being there into blanks. But I just cant seem to find direct fits online. Thanks

Old 05-31-2007, 11:04 AM
Default RE: fog lights

I'm in the same boat as you, I want some foglights too. I would also like to look as stock as possible. Any suggestion anyone? I dont necessarily need OEM foglights per say, just have it installed cleanly I have an 05 M6i basic model with no fogs obviously. I also hear there is a switch which basically is stock for other M6's with fogs OEM that you can buy that goes right into the steering column to turn the fogs on and off. Where to buy? Also, are therebrackets that comes with foglights because the two black grills on my bumperare covered where the fogs should go and I dont wanna do any cutting...

Old 05-31-2007, 12:47 PM

Did a little researchafter my last post... Turns out my '05 (and previous models) have fog lights integrated into the empy light housing on the headlamps, this is of course ifyou have the correct model M6. I always wondered what that empty spot on my headlamp were...I would personally think having fog lights on the lower part of the bumper look nicer... that's just my opinion anyway. Although it would be a bit cleaner looking ifin the headlamps like intended. Besides I would think it'll be more effective in the bumper, in terms of visibility in the fog, since they blanket the ground with light.

Anyone know have any ideas?If I wanted to put fogs on my bumper instead where can I purchase a set to make it look stock OEM conversion. If not, I'll opt to buy some bulbs and put them in my headlamp housing... are the connections there already? Is this pricey to do???

Old 05-31-2007, 12:51 PM

Weird, I just bought an 07 touring 2.3 and as far as I know, it comes with fog lights stock... maybe cuz Im in Canada??

Old 05-31-2007, 04:25 PM

Grand touring comes with them stock.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:00 AM

I bought my 2007 6i sedan last November.Had to get after market fog lights and have the local "tuner" auto shop
custom fit and wire them. They took the black inserts out of the bumper ,circle cut holes for the lights and wired it somehow. When I turn on myparking lights the fog lamps come on also. It looks great!,they did a nice job. Would a fog lamp kit for a Ford Fusion work ? I parked next to one today,the inserts look the same size,but the cutouts for the lamps are square.
Shame on Mazda for not offering a factory kit. However,you may noticethe 07 Accesories Catalog from Mazda for the 6 has them INSTALLED and PICTURED ON THE COVER!

oh well,lets get creative hktuner88