Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Fog lights on Mazda6 with Sport Package

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 07:02 PM
Default Fog lights on Mazda6 with Sport Package

I have a 2004 Mazda6 with the sports package. The fog lights are integrated in the headlight bezel. The only problem is I cannot find a switch to turn them on, either on the light/turn signal stem or on the dash. Can anyone give me a clue as to what is going on?

Old 02-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Default RE: Fog lights on Mazda6 with Sport Package

They should be on the turn signal stalk. I don't know if there's a difference between 6S and 6i Sport Package.

Old 03-28-2005, 12:23 PM

The switch for the fog lights in teh 6s is on the inside of the turn signal.

Old 08-26-2005, 04:16 AM

I didnt realize the foglights were in the headlights till i started goofing around in the garage with my car. luckily it was only the first day i got the car, not a few months down the road lol. i'm gonna put some extra foglights lower to the ground to be obnoxious to the oncoming traffic.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:22 PM

Hey the_gray_mazda6 and all others,
Just curious what brand and configuration aftermarket fog/cornering lights did you guys go with? Also, were did you install it? Did you cut away some of the lower side grills or ???
I was thinking of cornering lights as well over driving or fog lights, but not sure where to install it and how much will it change the good looks of the original front end. Thanks

Old 08-01-2006, 01:21 AM

ORIGINAL: the_gray_mazda6

I didnt realize the foglights were in the headlights till i started goofing around in the garage with my car. luckily it was only the first day i got the car, not a few months down the road lol. i'm gonna put some extra foglights lower to the ground to be obnoxious to the oncoming traffic.
My friend got his Dad's '96 Saturn just recently and ever since '96 they both thought that the switch for their brights were their foglights and that the fog light aim was "too high" just this saturday I found a button smack dab in the middle of the dashboard that turns them on, so sad. I also taught a frined how to use the A/C and radio presets on his '06 Civic as well as teahc someone how to adjust dimness of the guages in a 95 Jeep Cherokee (their guages barely could be called glowing)

It amazes me how much some people don't know about the cars they drive.

Old 08-01-2006, 01:57 AM

I guess people spend time only on driving, but not reading the owner's manual.
They are happy as long as the car starts and stops.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:59 AM

cars are so much more to me than just something that gets you from point A to B.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:15 AM

I will have to agree with the both of you rx4to6 and 87turboII... I think that is the biggest concern for most users.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:45 AM

Yeah. In the old days, a car manual was the size of a VCR manual. But now thanks to the numerous electronics, safety issues, etc, a car manual is easily the size of a thick paperback. Just look at what Mazda gave you. I spent 5-6 hours reading it. You have to if you want to get the best out of your car.

Quick Reply: Fog lights on Mazda6 with Sport Package