Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

First Interior Detail For My 2015 Mazda 6 In 2 Years!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 10:10 AM
Lightbulb First Interior Detail For My 2015 Mazda 6 In 2 Years!

My first time doing an interior detail for my 2015 Mazda 6. The interior got really filthy so this was definitely long overdue. For my interior detail I vacuumed, dusted/wiped the interior and finally used a steamer on the seats and carpet. The before and after is a crazy difference and I hope to do this every 2 months or so to keep it from getting as bad as it did. Let me know what you guys use to detail your interiors and how often you do it

Old 06-15-2020, 01:29 PM

You asked for a response from members so here is mine!

You missed several important area's.
All the door seals which means that little fold area that over time if not cleaned will collect dirt and eventually deteriorate the seal.
The vent are'a with a soft brush and vacuum.
The head liner.
The Cabin filter. (Change out)
The dash area between the edge of dash and windshield.
The steering wheel area(more attention) where the the thumb and pointer finger predominantly rest.
The trunk is still really IMHO part of the interior?
The door jam area. Why so few people never seem to bother to clean this are?

​​​​​​​I would not have used an [size=13px]type[/size] of disinfecting wipes because of the [size=13px]alcohol[/size] content.
Alcohol is not car friendly for many interior parts.

The use of soap and water would be better for the cleaning and wiping

I would not have opted to wet clean the carpet with them still holding a lot of dirt. The result is pulling accumulated dried dirt under the carpet closer to the surface. When you use a wet carpet cleaning all you really do is make "mud" in the carpet fibers which will discolor the carpet and negating the wet carpet cleaning service. I would have done a few more vacuum cleaning services over say a couple of three weeks and then maybe wet cleaning. I would have also used simple green and not the carpet cleaner that you would normally use in a house.
All the non soft material surfaces I would have applied a very light or even diluted with water coat of leather treatment to help lift reaming dirt and also make the surface look very sharp! Doing this will make the next interior cleaning task a little easier and the end result next time will be even better.

I clean the interior with a complete detail at least every 6 weeks and a casual vacuuming and light cleaning about every 2 weeks. But that me. I consider it part of my physical work out program to keep fit. LOL

You should see how I rotate the tires every 5k miles and what I do... LOL

Old 06-16-2020, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

I wipe my door jams everytime I wash my car, after chamoising the outside 1st.