Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Programming Key Fob??

Old 12-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Default Programming Key Fob??

My battery went dead on my key fob and I replaced it and now it doesnt work...How can I reprogram this or get this to work??

Old 12-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Default RE: Programming Key Fob??

Lets see if this will turn out readable.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1377/4F7B44680C3E485C91849BB0495E8AD8.gif[/IMG]

I had to crank the resolution on my monitor up to max at 1280 x 1024 pixels to read. If you cannot, post back and will just type in.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:18 AM

This is kind of confusing the way the whole chart is set up showing the arrows flowing and saying NO and whatever, plus on my Mazda 6 there is no door pinswitch in the jam, is it built into the latch or am I just not seeing it?

Old 12-15-2005, 11:13 PM

Lets see if this will be easier to follow.

1: Remove the ignition key and close all of the doors.
2: Open the drivers side door.
3: Insert the key into the ignition switch.
4: Repeat the following three times : Turn key to ON and then back to LOCK position.
5: Key should now be in lock position. Do not remove the key.
6: Repeat the following three times : Close and then open the drivers door.
7: Drivers door should now be open and all doors will lock and then unlock. (You are now in programming mode).
8: Push any button on the transmitter twice.
9: Doors will lock and then unlock indicating that transmitter is programed.
10: Repeat steps 8 and 9 for second and third transmitters.
11: Done.

NOTE: If you only have one transmitter then program it three times. If only two transmitters then program one of them twice. The
reason is that there are three empty "slots" in the door lock module for transmitters and all three need to be filled or may not
operate correctly all of the time.

There is a pinswitch but you are not seeing it . Closing and opening the door will do the same thing.

Old 12-22-2005, 08:57 PM

Another post to print out for my manual addendum! Thanks!

In the same vein, can anyone confirm for me that the 2006 switchblade key and remote will work for my '05 Mazda 6?
I have way too many keys and the remote fob, plus keys makes way to big a key ring.

TIA!

Old 12-22-2005, 10:42 PM

Good idea guido but no such luck. The key design is the same but transmitter frequency is different. They have a different FCC ID code. [:@]
Tried programming out in the lot but 05 would not recognize 06 key fob signal.

Old 12-23-2005, 11:32 AM

Thanks for trying. My local dealer did not know if it would work.

So the '06 model gets the snazzy key, base model gets SIAB and what else that we did not get on the '05?

Old 12-27-2005, 10:43 PM

06 Also got an available smart keyless entry system. If you get a chance to see how it works at the dealer, check it out. You do not even need a key or remote to unlock or start vehicle. You carry a remote that is roughly the size of a credit card but a little thicker. An emergency key is tucked into the bottom of the remote in case of system malfunction. When you approach to within 3 feet of the door, the system recognizes the remote and all you do is push a tiny black button on the outer handle and it will unlock for you. Once inside no key is needed for the ignition as the interior sensor also recognize the remote and you start engine with a little plastic handle that you do not even need to remove from the ignition switch. Is kind of a neat system anyway. You can also have the system programmed to auto lock the doors when you get approx 15 feet away.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:45 PM

To babyhuey- Thank you. Replaced keyfob battery for 2002 Mazda Millenia S and it did not function. Found your 11 step solution posted on 12/15/2005 today and gave it a whirl. Worked like a champ, first time, with responses exactly as you described. I very much appreciated this helpful post. KellyC

Old 11-04-2007, 08:11 PM

So, I have a 2006 6s, with a switchblade keyfob combo. This repgram list isn't working. The car signals that it is in programming mode (with the lock unlock), but it when I press a button on the key twice, nothing happens. Is there some other trick for my car, or is my only option to go to the dealer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Programming Key Fob??