Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Engine Immobilizer Armed by it self????? URGENT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 11:44 PM
Default Engine Immobilizer Armed by it self????? URGENT!!!

Hey folks I really need you guys' HELP!!
I paerked my car in the Air port garage on christmas morning. When I came back after sweet babais, my car was armed with immobilizer!! What da heck!!
It happened in the 6 am. Christmas....what a precious moment...Although I had fun to try make it work with sister. I tried another keys, spare key, killed battery for five minute twice, it doen't work and keep malfunctioning like a CARZY MONSTER!!!
I called tow companies they said they can't let their truck sit there since the garage height is too low (it is low, no Hummer guys!) What i have to do is unlock the wheels and PUSH my car with Airport Maitenance Team!!!
Does any body knows how to start the car in this situation? or any EQUIPMENT to decode and how much it the Equipment cost? Please help me out guys!!!! MAYDAY!!!

I am so disappointed that Mazda dealer said that they can't come!!! it is 2003 Mazda 6, 4 Cylinder. 70.000 miles now.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:16 AM
Default RE: Engine Immobilizer Armed by it self????? URGENT!!!

I don't think 2003 Mazda 6 has immobilizer. Do you have aftermarket alarm system that cuts the igntion/starter ? Try other tow companies that have low trucks.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:31 AM

If your car has the immobilizer, technically it automatically arms every time you turn off the ignition, but that's besides the point. I'm assuming when you turn the key you get nothing. Open the door and turn on the headlights, and see if you get the lights and the warning "ding" that your headlights are on. If you do then there could be a problem with the alarm. My girlfriends mom recently had a problem like that and they had to reprogram the alarm. I'm assuming, though, that you have low battery voltage. The ignition immobilizer automatically arms when the battery voltage drops to a certain point as a security measure. Just my $.02. Hope this helps.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:39 PM

I think JBix is right about low voltage.

My '04 6 had the same problem (fortunately towed to and diagnosed by dealer under warranty) about a month ago. I couldn't tell that the battery was low b/c lights, radio, etc. worked fine. However, the computer requires full 12 volts or it won't even let it crank.

What was weird in my case was the cause. Lube Center tech apparently loosened batt hold-down and pos terminal presumably to check batt level. When he didn't tighten things up afterward, the battery must have shorted and fused 2 cells together. I suddenly had a 10v battery and the engine wouldn't fire.

Good luck.
DB