Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Electric folding mirrors won’t open after the snow!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 01:21 PM
Default Electric folding mirrors won’t open after the snow!

We have a mazda 6 SE-L Nav, 2014.

On Monday, after clearing off all the snow, we switched on the car in order to defrost it. When we turned the dial to open the folding mirrors, nothing happened.

Neither the passenger or driver wing mirror will open, the glass inside the mirror doesn’t move- it’s completely dead. It doesn’t even make any sound, like its trying to open- the switch seems totally unresponsive.

Everything else about the car seems ok- no error lights/ messages on the dash. The electric windows are working fine.

we’ve checked the fuses in the passenger cabin and under the bonnet- all fine.

Are there any other fuses that we should check?

Do you know if we can force the wing mirrors to open by unfolding them manually? The OM doesn’t make it clear whether or not manually unfolding the wing mirrors is ok.

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-29-2021, 11:10 AM

Our '19 CX5 just did this - dealer was called since its under warranty - they knew EXACTLY what is needed - parts ordered ( some kind of repair kit and upgraded seal ) - its not fixed yet as parts havent arrived - maybe same for your 6 ?

Old 03-27-2023, 07:31 AM

Hello I have a problem with driver's side mirror. It is slow when opening and closing and 3 days ago driver side miror when is opening comes to the end but motor are still spining and it jerks like dosen't stop opening and it can't be shut down so I have to drive it like that. Problem is that my nearest mazda dealer is around 250km away in other country. I tried with wd40 but no difference. Anyone know the solution.