Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

wing mirror

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Default wing mirror

Hi, just got mazda 3. 2.0 sport. I can't get the wing mirrors to fold in, there is a button but it won't depress, it feels as if it is only for show.
Should they fold?

Old 07-17-2010, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by dragons eye
Hi, just got mazda 3. 2.0 sport. I can't get the wing mirrors to fold in, there is a button but it won't depress, it feels as if it is only for show.
Should they fold?
Which year of Mazda3? I ask because my 2009 has manually foldable mirrors (i.e. you can grab them and fold them in), but I don't believe any Mazda3 has ever had an electronically foldable mirror.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:39 PM

yea, i actually found that out by mistake, thought i broke the sob haha

Old 07-17-2010, 09:42 PM

They be called breakaway mirrors.

To allow them to fold if they are hit instead of breaking off and holding on with the wires untill you duct tape them back together just to have them fall off again in a few days and get lazy and let it dangle there for another 4 weeks untill a police officer pulls you over and gives you a warning to fix it, in that case you still dont fix it for another couple of months untill you finally give up and buy one that sits in your garage for another 3 weeks before you finally replace it.

I hate it when people do that...

Old 07-17-2010, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by apbbnbanb_07

To allow them to fold if they are hit instead of breaking off and holding on with the wires untill you duct tape them back together just to have them fall off again in a few days and get lazy and let it dangle there for another 4 weeks untill a police officer pulls you over and gives you a warning to fix it, in that case you still dont fix it for another couple of months untill you finally give up and buy one that sits in your garage for another 3 weeks before you finally replace it.

Hmmm, well maybe they call them that here in the States, however, over in Europe (and probably other parts of the world that is criss-crossed by very narrow roads) folks "fold" them back against the door glass to prevent them from impeding pedestrans, other cars and bicyclists. As such, they're called "Foldable" mirrors.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:21 AM

Hi peeps, it's a 57 plate. I have tried to push them, albeit tentertively, they will not move. Should I give it abit more effort?
The book shows a picy of the "folding button" next to the mirror adjusting switch, is it a dummy? it is there.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by apbbnbanb_07

Now that's an interesting post Alex?
Feeling the effects of fatherhood?

Old 07-18-2010, 08:35 AM

I've always heard them called breakaway mirrors, yes they are used for tight streets, to avoid contact from peds and other cars, but they also give a buffer zone so they don't break as easily, as with older cars.

Fatherhood...no its great....really......i dont have any......problems.......whats with this twitch in my eye?

Old 07-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Hahahaha!!! Awesome.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:20 PM

dragons eye do you have an euro 3 or something? because ive never heard of this button maybe a pic of it would help? or somethin

Quick Reply: wing mirror