Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Mazda 6 estate wing mirror folding disabled

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 08:02 AM
Default Mazda 6 estate wing mirror folding disabled

Hello,

i hope its ok I ask this query.

i saw a post in the cx5 thread regarding folding mirrors and hoped I could get some help.

I have a 2018 Mazda 6 estate and someone smashed my drivers side wing mirror off. I had it replaced by a body shop and while the indicator light and rear view monitoring is on the electric mirrors are disabled and the wing mirrors won’t fold in or out automatically. The drivers side wing mirror is in a closed state (this was replaced) while the passenger side is in an open state. It’s an official Mazda mirror.

The body shop and nearby garage had a look but can’t figure it out. The main dealer wants £100 just to look in the cars direction.

Is there a way to reset the folding mirrors?

thanks,

Seb

Old 04-05-2020, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

What happens when you press the mirror fold button?

Also there is a Tech Bulletin regarding auto folding mirrors. I assume your car has a 3 yr Manufactures warranty? if so, take it in for free under warranty.

Old 04-05-2020, 05:25 AM

Hi grim_reaper,

Thanks for replying! Apologies for this being in the wrong place. Can I move it or is it ok to re-post?

Pressing the fold button has no effect on the mirrors although I can hear a clicking noise from where the fold button is located.

The dealer told me this isn't covered by warranty as it was damaged inflicted on the car.

Thanks again,

Seb

Old 04-05-2020, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

Dealer sounds like a dick.

I would find another dealer to book it in with and say nothing about accident damage.

Old 04-05-2020, 05:52 AM

They are but I just figured all dealers are like this.

They won't be able to tell it's a new wing mirror on the drivers side? I'm paranoid. It's frustrating as I can't see how there's any mechanical fault with the car it just seems to have turned off the mirror folding function after the impact?! You'd think the passenger side would have carried on functioning. It's not entirely safe either as the driver's side mirror doesn't hold in place and will move.