Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

clicking sound coming from front driver side

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 10:56 PM
Default clicking sound coming from front driver side

I have a problem with my 2005 Mazda 6 v6 manual, my car is making a noise that sounds like a small rock in a dryer. It only happens when I'm moving at a constant speed it goes away when I accelerate or decelerate, also happens at all rpms and doesn't matter if I'm turning or going strait. the sound stays the same volume at slow speeds and high speeds it isn't a constant sound it happens some days and not on other days. I have taken off both front tires and checked everything I can struts seem good there wasn't any play in the wheels when I lifted it cv axle boots are good there wasn't any play in those either, ball joints looked good had no play in them, the sway bar links looked good other then one had a bushing that doesn't look to good but not terrible the only other thing I can think of is a wheel bearing nut I've never heard a bad wheel bearing that sounds like this. if you can give me any advice or ideas I would greatly appreciate it this has me stumped and I don't want to just end up replacing everything. here is a YouTube video of what it sounded like

Last edited by Brocktt; 09-11-2021 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-01-2021, 04:51 PM

I have a clicking/popping noise going on in the front driver side wheel area when I go over bumps (but not all bumps) and when I turn right (but not always when I turn right). When it was happening the first time I checked under the car to find a broken sway bar end link so I replaced that one and the passenger side one. The sound went away then came back. I had a mechanic check the front end and he says its solid and doesnt know what would cause this sound. It also dosent happen when I try to replicate the sound when stationary (i.e pushing up Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox and down on the car, turning the wheel right) Any suggestions?

Last edited by winkybil; 10-02-2021 at 02:51 AM.
Old 10-02-2021, 09:26 AM

That sound like front strut bearing and its screams dont drive at all like nowhere it can be dangerous for others and yourself.