Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Clicking Sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Default Clicking Sound

This might sound familiar to some.....Everytime i go in reverse or accelerate hard from 1st gear there is this clicking noise under the hood that is driving me nuts. It feels like something is gonna break, lol Help!!!

Old 10-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Default RE: Clicking Sound

I have a similar noise. Mine happens on light acceleration and sounds like it is coming from the right front. I also have another noise that happens occasionally and seems to be coming from inside the dash on the passenger side. Its crazy but it sounds like a tin pie pan rattling (not extremely loud, but enough to be bothersome). The one coming from the right front clicks and seems to be in unison with the rolling of the vehicle. Both noises seem to come and go.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:09 AM

i dont know what the first two noises are, but the second one..........the one that is coming from inside on the pass. side...........i believe its ur heater fan.

if it only happens when ur heater blower is on thats what it is

Old 10-11-2006, 12:12 PM

My new 2006 Mazda 6 has a weird clicking or tapping sound that seems to come from the dash when I go over bumps. It must be something loose that taps when jarred. I once had a 1985 Mazda 626 that had a similar noise. It seemed to come from the dash, but I finally traced it to a loose seat belt fastener on the front passenger side. Noises don't always originate from where you think they are coming from. The sounds in the passenger compartment can be deceiving. I will ask the service manager about my noise when I take it in, but I don't expect much help.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:53 PM

The clicking sound from the engine is from a TSB. It is the idler controller pulley. I brought mine to a dealership, mentioned the noise and TSB and they replaced it free of charge!

Old 06-06-2010, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by laconiaspirit
My new 2006 Mazda 6 has a weird clicking or tapping sound that seems to come from the dash when I go over bumps. It must be something loose that taps when jarred. I once had a 1985 Mazda 626 that had a similar noise. It seemed to come from the dash, but I finally traced it to a loose seat belt fastener on the front passenger side. Noises don't always originate from where you think they are coming from. The sounds in the passenger compartment can be deceiving. I will ask the service manager about my noise when I take it in, but I don't expect much help.
I have the same problem. The dealership replaced a valve or something on the other side of the firewall. That wasn't it. It is making me crazy, and really detracting from my overall enjoyment of the vehicle. If someone figures this out, please let us know!!!