Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Central locking issues.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 10:37 AM
Default Central locking issues.

Hi all, i have been more of a reader and in the background of the forum. I am now at wit's end with our 2010 Mazda 6 and its central locking. Over all the car has been really good for over the last 3 years, but over the last 9 months the central locking has been playing up. I seem to fix something and works fine for a period of time for the fault to comes back. It started with the central locking being very tempermental would work when it wanted to. So at first we just assumed it was the battery in the keyfob, i also checked the fuse and it worked after replacing the battery for a while. Then it started up again. Thats when i found this forum and would just read through the threads on the issues and anything else that i could think of that could cause an issue like this.
I synked the keyfob and the spare from the guide i found on here. Once again this worked for a short period of time. I tried this again the next time this happened, with the idea to see how long it lasts before the car lost synk with the fob. This time you could hear the central locking actuator was really struggling, lucky for me this was during the start of the lockdown, so i took a punt and ordered a 2nd hand actuator, on the off chance it was this if not i could just sell it back on ebay. Anyway after stripping the door down and removing the old actuator, what i tested and compared to the replacement using an external power supply. The old actuator was being tempermental and very slow compared to the replacement. So i fitted the replacment, done another keyfod told my wife that seems to working now, but dont hold your breath as this car seems to be starting to be tempermental. So now 3 months on and its started to play up again. Just wondering if its worth me trying to do a ECU reset? or start to investigate the BCM, as i have read on other forums that this a weak spot on some Mazda's.

Old 08-30-2020, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator

What is your actual problem now?
Is it the actuator not working? Is it the remotes not working?
2008-2010 models had issues with the keyless entry modules Under the dash playing up or failing. Also it's not uncommon for remotes to play up & fail too.

Old 08-30-2020, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
What is your actual problem now?
Is it the actuator not working? Is it the remotes not working?
2008-2010 models had issues with the keyless entry modules Under the dash playing up or failing. Also it's not uncommon for remotes to play up & fail too.
The actuator is functioning correctly. The key fob will not lock or unlock the car. Having to use the phyical key. Our Mazda 6, does not have keyless entry or if it has we have never used it.

Old 08-30-2020, 06:15 AM

So after posting my last reply, i dismantled the keyfob once again after you memtioned that the key fobs are common to fail. There was some corrision on the battery terminals, cleaned them up and all seems to be working again now. My wife just, oh for long this time. Is it worth buying a new key fob to be on safe side.

Old 08-31-2020, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

The action of using the remote is called Keyless entry.

Old 08-31-2020, 01:10 PM

Keyless entry is when you aproach the car and the key is on your pocket, The car detects the key on your person and unlocks the doors. Saying that i am not hear to argue, just hear to the pool of knowledge of other Mazda owners.

Old 09-01-2020, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

Approaching your car with the keyfob in your pocket is Advanced Keyless entry. Trust me I work for Mazda.

Old 09-01-2020, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Approaching your car with the keyfob in your pocket is Advanced Keyless entry. Trust me I work for Mazda.
LOL. Never heard it called advanced keyless entry. Saying that i do only work little old Lotus.