Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Central Locking Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Default Central Locking Issue

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been posted before but I have a major issue.

The story starts like this:-

Sunday - Car broke down.
Monday - Battery issue diagnosed and new battery installed.
Tuesday - Car Alarm goes off randomly.

Since the alarm going off I have had the following issues:- Drivers door only unlocks with the key. NSF door only opens from the inside. OSR and NSR doors do not open at all from the interior or the exterior. The boot, while it shuts, does not lock at all.

My vehicle is an 06 Plate Mazda 6 TS Diesel.

I have disconnected the battery and reconnected and this has not helped. I am going to buy a new fuse tomorrow to see if that helps. I have taken my car to the local mazda dealer and left there feeling totally ripped off and they were of no help to me whatsoever ( they basically charged me an hours labour to tell me they would need it for another 5!!). Have tried reprogramming fobs and this does not work either.

Oh and power windows are also behaving erratically!

Can anybody help? Its starting to consume me!!!

Old 07-14-2013, 11:06 AM

Hi All,

Just to let you know I have today changed the central locking fuse, changed the battery in the fob and finally managed to reprogram the fob. Touch wood it all appears to be working fine.

This took 10 minutes, so I will be email the main Mazda Dealer in Exeter asking them why they charged me an hours labour to tell me that they would need it for another 5 hours. They also said that they may have to smash the rear locks to get the doors open and also if I had considered part exchanging my car as it was no longer "fit for purpose"!!!!

I look forward to their reply! In the meantime I hope the above helps someone that may suffer the same problem.

Sean