Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Camber Kit necessary when lowering car???

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Default RE: Camber Kit necessary when lowering car???

I know people who have the s techs and it rides fine. looks great when noones in the car but if u start adding weight like i said before a system and then if you have passengers the car is going to be way slammed.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:25 PM

they actually just put the basic coiloves on my car, then set it to different heights to take pics for the springs. so i never had the springs, but haven't heard complaints about em.

any shop can install these, i've done 4 mazda6's here at my house....so i'm sure they can. and yeah, our rears have plenty of adjustment, but there is nothing to be done in the front....no matter that the shop says.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:42 PM

huh. interesting. basic coilovers? wish i could afford those, but yeah most likely will just get the springs.

now you got me thinking daishi. i like to go boarding in the winter although the s.tech's looks real nice, but during the winter, the h.tech might be better suited for me to havea tad bit more clearing room from under the car, for lets say ice or snow. i normally carrysnowboards along with gearand possibly 2 passengers at most. i dont like taking more than 3 people, including driver, in a car unless its a truck. i use the 4th seat for a 60/40 split for a place for the snowboards. that would definitely add weight to the back and i dont want it to be toooo slammed in the back with the s.tech's. it would look wack.

i also dont have a system but most likely will be planning on installing a simple box12" or maybe even a 10" sub and amp on day.most likelya JL setup. nothing crazy. ijust want clean solid base with a solid enclosure. i already installed aftermarket components on my door panels, so as far as clairty, its already there. now i just need a little thump thump.

side note. off topic a bit. but the 6i with basic sound system not the bose,driver side door panel speakers i think are 6x9. not sure if it is those exactmeasurements for the speakers but its definitely an oval shape which i think is also wack. i had to rig it so i can fit my 5 1/4 components.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:31 PM

I have tein S type springs on my car it lowered it 2.1 in the front and 1.5 in the rear and it looks and rides great. The only problem is that the front is a little to low. I just added 2 12 inch subs in the trunk, they way about a total of atleast 60 pounds and it doesnt make the rear look saggy at all. I dont think it even moved the spring are pretty stiff.

Double D