Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

brake light mod?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 01:56 AM
Default brake light mod?????

I've looked at a few car websites and I have noticed that a few Mazda6 owners have posted that they have a "brake light mod". does anyone know what this is, what it looks like, and how to do it? thanks!

Old 11-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Default RE: brake light mod?????

So far I've seen 2 different types of these in a bunch of different styles/colors. You can get the mods that actually replace the inside of the tail light, in which you'd have to do some drilling and pick from either chrome, black chrome, carbon fiber, or black. Then there's the outer cover for the tail lights which is essentially a 3M stick on mod that if painted to match your car will cover the lights so that only the circles show, and finally there's the chrome facia that like the first have to be modded onto the insde of the light but just outline the whole inside. Personally none of em look all that great. Essentially it's Altezza lights taken to way to far of an extreme.

D to the B

Old 11-23-2005, 06:31 PM

yeah, i did a little researching on that earlier today. I also found yet another mod they do to the lights. They rewire the back tail lights to make them all dimmer during the day/night but when you apply the brake light, both bulbs per side are then brake lights instead of just the outer ones. That might be a cool effect but the problem is that the cruise control will not work because it constantly thinks the brakes are being applied. I wonder if there is a way around that. hmmmmm.........

Old 11-29-2005, 09:27 PM
roo

That's interesting.

From what I gather, the brake light wiring has nothing to do with what the cruise control sees.

All you have to do is replace the sockets with a three wire socket (two + and one <gnd&gt and an 1158 bulb, wire it up in series, and you should be in business.

Old 11-29-2005, 11:11 PM

yeah, i'm not exactly sure why the brake light disengages the cruise control. i've never done this mod, but i would like to know how to. i wonder how the people that did that mod had that problem, yeah i dont see how that happened.