Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

::Airbox Mod::

Old 06-08-2006, 12:06 AM
Default RE: ::Airbox Mod::

i would take those off your hands but my plans are to roll with some 5zigen 18inch rims so the lowering kit kinda is out of the question. now i just need to scavenger up some money to buy these wheels i want.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:38 AM

Well go roll your fenders then get the springs Well anyway I put em on ebay and hopefully someone will buy them. I need some cash so I can buy either cp-e intake or magnaflows, or decide to pay some money to my parents for my car.[:'(]

Old 06-08-2006, 12:52 AM

alot of people tend to like the MFs... i do like them, but the injen exhaust sounds alot more appealing to me. despite the price of the injen, i would still buy it anyway... well, once i get teh money haha. i know what you mean on car payments, i got that crappa too!

Old 06-08-2006, 01:32 AM

ORIGINAL: babyhuey

You probably just need to reinitialize the auto function RJB_M6. Easy to do yourself.

Start with the key in run position. Run the drivers window down so it is open about 3-4 inches. Now run the window up but when it reaches closed position keep holding the switch for 3 seconds then release. Repeat this same thing over at the passenger front door using its own switch and not the main switch. If rear doors are also AUTO then do the same procedure with passenger rear and then drivers rear in that order. Auto function should now be working normal.
yes it's a good thing that electronic manufacterers make it abe to reset anything they make with a seiries of buttons even if it's a simple mechanism. I had to fix the sunroof in our 2002 ford focus once and the procedure was open the sunroof fully retracted the close it and keep holding the close button, then it would tilt forward and raise the rear, keep holding, and it would lower the rear, then open all the way and then it worked normally. My Mp3 player is reset if you hold off and volume up at the same time. I just think it's neat that simple stuff like telling the car to close an already closed windo can fix a problem.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:45 PM
Banned

I did the air box mod before. Gen 2. The proper way to do it is to:
1) remove the false bottom inside the air box. Fill the small holes up that get left behind from removing the bottom from where it attaches to at side, if you don't you will suck in hot air from the engine bay. Leave the tuba alone otherwise same issue with hot air. Leave flapper alone as it works fine, no gain.
2) Here's the big difference: drill 6 3/8" holes in the bottom of the resonator which is located down below, accessible from underneath. This will give you the cold air and more air you need!
3) Also change your air filter to a K&N!

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 04-20-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:02 AM

There is a theme so I do not want to open a new one.
Everyone wants airbox intake to sound powerful, louder and so on. Yesterday I found my Mazda 6 GG 2.0 89kw 2007 notice that the airbox suction tube on the airbox produces a deep tone. I would love to have no tone, to be silent. What can I do about that?
​​​​​​​