Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

::Airbox Mod::

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Default ::Airbox Mod::

I just did this mod and i love the sound

However, I have a small problem My automatic windows now do not work, and from the drivers door, I can only control the driver window and back 2 windows. I have to use the passenger door to control the passenger window. I am thinking the dealer has to just reset something? I have no clue what to do. I am afraid to tell my parents because I know I will get reamed a new one. So basically no auto windows or remote key auto or hold key in door auto

Old 06-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Default RE: ::Airbox Mod::

You probably just need to reinitialize the auto function RJB_M6. Easy to do yourself.

Start with the key in run position. Run the drivers window down so it is open about 3-4 inches. Now run the window up but when it reaches closed position keep holding the switch for 3 seconds then release. Repeat this same thing over at the passenger front door using its own switch and not the main switch. If rear doors are also AUTO then do the same procedure with passenger rear and then drivers rear in that order. Auto function should now be working normal.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:08 PM

Alright, well after soccer practice the auto worked on everything but passenger. I have to use passenger switch on its door to control it. Anyways I will try that method. Oh and the rear windows are not auto. I could care less if the passenger window got back to normal, I just want to be able to control it from the drivers side

EDIT: I just did the method with the passenger side door and it works perfect now. Thanks a lot for the help!

Old 06-07-2006, 12:33 AM

hmmm.... nifty little trick to get the windows to work again. i'll keep that in mind if that ever happens to me or someone that needs help with that situation.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:55 AM

btw what did you do to your airbox?

Old 06-07-2006, 02:02 AM

ha ha I know! He forgot to mention about the airbox! lol...I was all excited for a second!

Old 06-07-2006, 12:58 PM

Oops lol. Well I did the airbox mod. So basically it is a poor man's CAI now and sounds a lot better. I took pieces out so I get a deeper sound at lower rpm's. Here is the link to what I did. http://www.dreamhaven.org/~data/m6airboxmod/

Old 06-07-2006, 01:01 PM

this modification is a nifty little trick, basically it involves removing a flapper, the tuba, and a few screws that i think are from the flapper if i remember correctly.

ah yes, i was right. found a link that shows how to do this install on another website. it is http://www.dreamhaven.org/~data/m6airboxmod and this deals with the mazda6.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: RJB_M6

Oops lol. Well I did the airbox mod. So basically it is a poor man's CAI now and sounds a lot better. I took pieces out so I get a deeper sound at lower rpm's. Here is the link to what I did. http://www.dreamhaven.org/~data/m6airboxmod/

haha, very funny. you beat me to the link posting! i was making sure i didn't shout off any false information as i posted.

Old 06-07-2006, 11:01 PM

hehe I was in school when I posted it. The only change to the instructions I had to make was to use a bigger screw to plug the hose that was connected to the flapper. The flapper screws would not stay in. Anyways, I love the sound. I am almost deciding on just getting exhaust first instead of a cp-e intake.

NOTE: I have a brand new set of Tanabe NF210 lowering springs for sale. I'm too lazy to make a new topic in the approapriate section so here it goes. They are new in box, I opened them to look at them. But rear drop is .7 and front drop is 1.5

Quick Reply: ::Airbox Mod::