Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

2007 Mazda 6 - Key Fob - CAN'T GET CAR TO START

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2023, 09:20 PM
Default 2007 Mazda 6 - Key Fob - CAN'T GET CAR TO START

Hey, first of all, I just wanted to say thanks. I've tried everything I could find on YouTube to troubleshoot my car issue. I even went and got a new key made for my 2007 Mazda 6.

But here's the thing, the key fob has been a major headache. The key and the fob were separate, so every time I needed to unlock or start the car, I had to put the key back into the fob. I never actually used the fob to start or unlock the car, just to insert the key into the ignition. I should've taken care of this sooner.

About two weeks ago, while I had the driver's door open and was in the trunk, the alarm went off out of nowhere. I had no idea it even worked. To stop the blaring horn, I had to disconnect the battery under the hood.

And ever since then, my car hasn't worked. I tried replacing the battery in the key fob, but that didn't fix it. I even went to a locksmith to get a new key made without the fob (to have a new fob made I was quoted at almost $400...which unfortunately I do not have) but it still didn't work.

Now, whenever I get into the car, the anti-theft lock light on the dashboard is on. But when I put the new key into the ignition and try to start it, nothing happens except the anti-theft light turning off. The car still doesn't start though.

So, any suggestions?
I appreciate any comments, advice and even insults at this point. Lol.

The original fob & key

The new key (without fob)