Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

2005 Mazda6 with a "knock"

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Default RE: 2005 Mazda6 with a "knock"

i managed to record a video withthe knockingsoundmy 6 is makingwith my dig camera. im going to try to find a way to post the vid up..if anyone knows how to post a vid on this forum let me know. Thanks. it made the sound all night tonight. my buddy and his girlfriend even noticed it while we were driving around. this is really getting to me.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:49 AM

I have no idea how to post video on this thing lol.. My car is STILL at the shop! You should be covered by the factory bumper to bumper warranty. I would take it to the dealer.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:19 PM

oki justuploaded the video of my 6 making the knocking noise on youtube. once they process it and all i will put the link up to the vid. the reason i recorded it was because i want to know if this is the same sound others are hearing.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:16 PM

here is the link to youtube where i have the vid. i did this in drive with the e-break on because i didnt want to drive while recording lol. it makes the same sound either way. turn your volume up and listen closely for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKvUnfm4Cys

Old 11-04-2007, 08:25 AM

DUDE! That's the E-X-A-C-T same noise mine is making

Old 11-04-2007, 11:15 AM

I would decarbon it first. Techron or Seafoam in the tank. Mazda had a huge problem on the MPV and 929 engines with carbon accumulation on the top of the pistons because when they ordered the pistons from a vender the tollerances of the pistons was not tight enough making the piston top get too close to the cyl head resulting in a nasty knock when you add carbon to the mix. We had them towed in alot because it sounded like a rod knock. Could be a main bearing too as it sounds heavy. Even a p/s pump is possible but you can remove the drive belt and see if it goes away to eliminate that possibilty. A stethescope or a long rod held up to your ear and set at different spots should tell you if it is in the top or bottom of the engine.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:24 PM

My POS Mazda update..... So the dealership has had my car for OVER a week now... I went in this morning because they said it was ready. I asked what was causing the ticking noise, they said they couldnt hear the noise I had complained about. I took the F***Tard "mechanic" for a little test ride and GUESS WHAT!!! THERE IT WAS!! TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK... "Mechanic" said, "I aint never heard nothing like that before" so I left the car there... This afternoon I got a call from the service manager... He said that they found the problem!!!! That's great right? They have to replace the purge valve but it wouldnt be in until Monday and that I could come get my car and bring it back Monday morning for a quick switch of the valve.. Well I went to get my car and guess what.... THEY LOST MY F***ING KEYS! I REALLY hate this car! I HATE Mazda! My plan for now is to get the car back and total it out and collect on the insurance....

Old 11-08-2007, 08:49 PM

damn dude sorry to hear your haviing such a horrible time with mazda...they didnt seem to want to work with me either when i took my 6 in for the sunroof prob i had a while back. So they know what causes the tick?? let us know if what they do solves the prob. if they dont hear mine when i take mine in..ill just take em to my vid of it onyoubube and let them listen for themselves.haha. good luck with your 6.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:46 AM

I have not had any issues with my car (knocking on wood as we speak), but I came across this tread on the Mazda6 Club site. Has anyone here had issues with thier PCV valve? That's a shame that this would happen all becuase of a cheap valve (no wonder the Ford Fusion/Mercury Millan are getting all the good press these days).

Old 11-14-2007, 06:01 PM

a valve was replaced or actually it was the bracket that holds it to the fire wall of the car. Purge Valve? Still has the annoying tick tick tick.. So now I'm going into the 3rd week of his problem.

Quick Reply: 2005 Mazda6 with a "knock"