Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Parts.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by spencerfvee
hi shipo thanks for the tip on clogged air cleanners to help me get better milage. i am going to put 1 LB of dirt in my air cleanner today . i am hopeing to get 40 MPG .. i will report back to you on my scientific findings ..oh my god your funny... i cant wait to tell the guys at the shop about this one ..shipo you have a nice day ..you can belive what you want to about milage EPA air cleanners cold air intakes you have that right to and thats ok with me its been fun talking to you .. take care spencerfvee.
So what are you trying to say; that you actually think changing a dirty air filter will improve fuel economy? Sorry, doesn't work that way.

Last edited by shipo; 02-20-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:47 PM

at the shop some times i have to deal with guys like you.. who think there allway right and every one else is allways wrong .and they go on and on how right they are i just walk away and let them talk to the wall . why because its a waist of my time to talk to them .your not going to change my mind . and i sure am not going to try to change your mind . now go play your mind games with some one else on the mazda 5 fourm. i have better things to do.. like getting my race car ready for summer .spencerfvee
Originally Posted by shipo
So what are you trying to say; that you actually think changing a dirty air filter will improve fuel economy? Sorry, doesn't work that way.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by spencerfvee
at the shop some times i have to deal with guys like you.. who think there allway right and every one else is allways wrong .and they go on and on how right they are i just walk away and let them talk to the wall . why because its a waist of my time to talk to them .your not going to change my mind . and i sure am not going to try to change your mind . now go play your mind games with some one else on the mazda 5 fourm. i have better things to do.. like getting my race car ready for summer .spencerfvee
Apparently it's better to walk away than to listen to what someone else has to say, do a little independent research, and maybe, just maybe, learn something. Yeah, I guess what they say is true, "Ignorance is bliss."

Last edited by shipo; 02-20-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:23 PM

My apologies to leanish. This thread started as a simple request pertaining to genuine Mazda parts and it turned into a debate about whether aftermartket intakes/exhaust systems increase gas mileage/horsepower. That was not my intention.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Truly, this thread really did get off-topic. Sorry, leanish!
But where have you been through all this? We need further information in order to answer your question(s) more completely.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:06 PM

hi leanish i to am sorry for getting off the topic i should have known better than to get into a no win debate that got off the topic spencerfvee
Originally Posted by virgin1
Truly, this thread really did get off-topic. Sorry, leanish!
But where have you been through all this? We need further information in order to answer your question(s) more completely.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:36 AM

I have been away and not had time to respond. Found a place in Glasgow for the parts i was after (rear anti-roll bar bushes - £26). Sorry but i have no interest in aftermarket intakes/exhausts. Living on an island in the middle of nowhere it is difficult enough getting the parts i need.
Cheers Leanish.