Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Our Mazda 5 - thoughts almost one year in

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Default Our Mazda 5 - thoughts almost one year in

Well we've had it around 10 months now (& still haven't cracked 4k on the clock!)...most of the thoughts are positive - engine has decent punch - 2.0 143bhp Diesel - the 2.2 must be a belter! It's a comfy enough car (but I wish we'd splashed out on the Lux pack but it wasn't available in Black to get the same deal!) Sliding doors are great! Nothing much has gone wrong - we get that vib a few yards after moving off (first turn?), as reported by others on here. Some condensation at times in the rear lights - still a concern. A bigger worry is the paint -mainly the bonnet - it seems very thin, lots of stone chips (can see white!) & it's gone dull already. Some other panels suffering from more scratches than I would expect for the age/miles/use. One or two bits of trim loose inside.Anyone else have any of these issues? Disappointed that I can't fit mudflaps - black is hard enough to keep clean as it is!

We'll book it in for it's yearly service - paid upfront with a service plan...& go from there.

10 months in...it's a 7.5 out of 10, so some room for improvement - but more positive that I expected to be giving a people carrier !!!

P.s We are already struggling for space...with 9 month old twins & their 'baggage' !!! So a roofbox has been fitted until we change it for something bigger...but that one will need the sliding doors too !