Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Mazda 5 Tyre wear and wheel corrosion problem- Again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 07:49 AM
Default Mazda 5 Tyre wear and wheel corrosion problem- Again!!!

Firstly I'd like to say hello to all members and thankyou for taking the time to read this. Again I'm talking about past posts one of which refers to the tyre wear.

Before I knew of the tyre wear problem I took it back and complained that the front tyres were borderline. Anyway after a series of calls they agreed to replace the fronts but surely this should have been noticed before they sold the vehicle. The annoying thing is that the back tyres are the same and because the tread is not worn in the centres I mistakenly took this to mean they were fine not noticing the outer tread is the bare minimum. I have since complained about the backs and refered to them having the same issue as the fronts but Mazda will not budge and have said that the minimum tread they had when I bought it was adequate even though it was borderline.

I have also read that one member had corrosion on the alloys and managed to get 3 of them replaced. I have corrosion on mine aswell near the centre caps and again after several calls they agreed to “tidy them up” but basically just touched them up with touch up paint.

Lastly the aircon unit is faulty and the Mazda dealer is willing to pay upto £400 to repair the fault, a new unit will cost over £700 so that would mean I would be out of pocket at a cost of over £300 for something I have never used.

They have told me that if I source one with a warranty for less than the £400 including labour then they will complete the job on my behalf at no cost.

Its just a shame that the unit had to be tested by myself during the summer months since this is the first time I have used it, meaning that it could of been faulty before I owned it.

Question is am I within my rights to demand new wheels back tyres and aircon unit since its still under warranty??????