Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Mazda 5 Turbo failure (DPF warning light)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 04:09 AM
Default Thanks

Thanks

Old 01-18-2021, 08:53 AM

Hey, I have a group of expert Mobile Mechanics Tucson Az that could possibly help you with that.

Old 09-28-2023, 07:10 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by interbear
Hi - I have a 2006 Mazda 5 (2.0D Sport Nav, UK), done 25k miles. I like the car a lot in terms of versatility and driving. It suffers some of the problems I've noted on this forum(steering rack noise on reversing, tyre wear) but has recently developed a serious fault with the turbo.

A few weeks ago the DPF warning light (flashing)came on, the engine lost power as the turbo was cut-off. Cue lots of black smoke from the exhaust as oil got into the system. Car had to betowed to the dealership, where it spent 3 weeks as Mazdahad to replace the turbo unit entirely. A fortnightlater and the same problemhas arisen on the new turbo unit yesterday. This after 2 weeks of driving the car withno pick-up or power over 2k rpm. Poor performance that I'd describe as downright dangerous on a motorway, a complete inability to accelerate when overtaking, even when dropping a gear. So, the car was towed back to the Mazda dealer yesterday and I'm awaiting with interest their feedback on it.

Anyone else had a similar issue?
It would seem the dpf filters are the problem and "totally uneccassory" on all cars. the best thing to do is to have it removed and rip the inards out and put back on otherwise you have to kick the *** out of it to clear the filter. But is it worth losing your licence for speeding. I have one myself which im abt to scrap due to master brake cylinder failure, but other than that it runs great. Ive seen blank dpf filters on ebay since they first came abt,so its something to consider..I also found most parts on these cars are compatible with ford focus and mondeo, so double check what parts you might require in the future as ford are cheaper.