Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Have Sport Nav - but TMC-RDC doesn't work? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Default Have Sport Nav - but TMC-RDC doesn't work? Help!

We picked up our 58 Sport Nav + Lux Pack 3 weeks ago and absolutely love it! I can't stress that enough. Bit of a change from out Renault Scenic...

The only issue we have is that the TMC-RDC (traffic) feature doesn't pick up any channels. I queried this with the dealership and they have just got back to me saying that
the RDC -TMC was never enabled at the factory. It cannot be enabled retrospectively either so we will have to live without it! Apparently there was a problem with the licenses from Japan.

Is this correct? Is it unreasonable to assume having Sat Nav means having a working traffic feature?

I'd love to hear if anyone else with the Sat Nav has this feature working, or had any other experiences with their dealer.

Many thanks
Beccie

Old 02-26-2009, 02:19 PM

Hi Beccie

Basically, Mazda haven't subscribed to the TMC feature in the UK. It will work in some countries where the TMC is free but not here. I would say that this is a feature which should work as nowhere in any brochures could I find that it shouldn't work but, to be honest I couldn't be bothered to fight it.

Nick

Old 03-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Default Like Nick Said

Yep, not licensed in UK. What did I expect for £1500 +++ ? !!

Old 03-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Angry

The SatNav on my phone has TMC and that cost £40

Old 03-06-2009, 03:00 PM

So, is there anything we can do??
Is it something we can get retrospectively? Dealer says no, but hey, don't trust him anymore.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:26 AM

It would be easy to enable once the license has been paid, it's only a software upgrade.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:20 PM

I believe that, in theory, if you buy your new (latest) UK map in the UK you will be supplied with a UK map with the TMC license incorporated/enabled. I suppose the logic is ...why should users of this globally available car pay for TMC license in their UK map that they may well never use? TMC is available free in many countries, but not free in the UK. But if this is true you must be absolutely sure that the UK map update/upgrade you are going to buy (or get free as a curtesy upgrade as you usually get 1 or 2 upgrades with map software) that the TMC is enabled. If they, the seller, don't know it means it doesn't. If it was a selling feature they should and would know.

Note: The GPS software used must support TMC
RDS-TMC is only available in:
Austria.
Belgium.
Czech Republic.
Denmark.
Finland.
France.
Germany.
Italy.
Netherlands.
Norway.
Spain.
Sweden.
Switzerland.
United Kingdom and the US.

I know that in UK and France it's not free but i think some is free in France though. This is information from nearly 2 years ago. The list may be bigger now adding Hungary & Romania I suspect.

The guy with the £40 TMC...... I assume this is a wired add-on and not a bluetooth version?

Last edited by GSX600FMAN; 03-07-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Found list of countries