Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Brand new owner!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Default Brand new owner!!!!

Hi everyone,
I think I read EVERYTHINGthat's ever been written on Mazda 5 on all the continents LOL. I'm a research freak and need to know what I'm getting myself into. So despite tire issues I decided to bite the bullet and go for Mazda 5. It's my second day of ownership.
I got 2008 Silver 5 Sport (manual).
Paid $17,730 for the whole thing (including doc fees, documents etc - not including tax and registration of course).
I'm now looking for accessories (I got cargo cover on Mazdastuff.com, as well as cargo net and trunk liner). The question I have is about the center console. As you all know the box in the console is open, so I can't put my CDs in there and cover them. I've seen some online stores selling "universal" consoles. Does anyone have one? I'd like to get one but I want to make sure it fits. Any advice would be helpful.
I spent a lot of time reading posts on this site before buying so if I can do anything to help someone else I'd be happy to.
Thanks!

Old 05-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Default RE: Brand new owner!!!!

Your console sounds much different then the Canadian spec...

as for accessories We have only got a few thus far (all season floor mats) and the Rear Bumper Step Plate. I say the Rear Bumper Step Plate is essential. We had only 100km's on our 5, and already got a scratch on the top of the bumper. Now we have the rubber step plate - looks good, and will protect from future damage.

We're also considering the moonroof deflector, but may pass on that.

Also, have ordered Thule racks and picked up a Thule car top box. (Got both from a parts supplier - MUCH cheaper than Mazda, and even cheaper than official Thule dealers!! Paid $491 for the box - Thule's price online was more than $100 more!

So far we love our 5 - its the perfect vehicle for our new family (new baby in the house) - now we just have to sell our 'old' '07 VW GTI

Old 05-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Default RE: Brand new owner!!!!

Bought our Galaxy Gray GT on Friday and drove it to my folks house, 220 miles away loaded with dogs, baby and gear...got 30 mpg...I love this car